Olney Friends School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (740) 425-3655
- Olney Friends School, founded in 1837, is a small, co-educational boarding school for grades 9 through 12 located in Barnesville, Ohio, in the beautiful Appalachian foothills of southeastern Ohio.
- The school provides an intellectually challenging college preparatory program in a supportive Friends community that promotes traditional Quaker values such as integrity and simplicity, while encouraging freedom of expression, creative thinking and acceptance of individual differences.
- Olney Friends School challenges students to grow. We celebrate intellectual rigor, provoke questions of conscience, and nurture skills for living in community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Olney Friends School is East Richland Christian Schools (11.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Clairsville Grades: PK-8 | 118 students
67885 Friends Church Road
Saint Clairsville, OH 43950
(740) 695-2281 11.9 PK-8
- Freeport Grades: K-12 | 71 students
20360 Cadiz Rd
Freeport, OH 43973
(740) 489-5161 14.2 K-12
- Saint Clairsville Grades: PK-8 | 164 students
226 West Main Street
Saint Clairsville, OH 43950
(740) 695-3189 14.2 PK-8
- Woodsfield Grades: PK-8 | 36 students
185 Shady Ave
Woodsfield, OH 43793
(740) 472-9151 15.7 PK-8
Great School, I am so happy that both my children attended. Olney exposed them to International Cultures, Sustainability, and gave them a sense of Community, self confidence, and an Education they will use all their lives.
- Posted by Parent - Melody Cannon
I went to Olney, and I sent my son to Olney. It was intellectually challenging, and the values of the Society of Friends are some of the most important spiritual values I ever learned.
- Posted by Parent - olney
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.