Our Lady Of Good Counsel School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (630) 851-4400
- We, as cherished members of a Christian Catholic community, are called to be Christ for others and to see Christ in others; to provide a loving environment wherein all may grow in faith, wisdom, and knowledge.
- We strive to provide an environment wherein all grow in faith, wisdom, and knowledge.
- The children who attend Our Lady Of Good Counsel School are guided to know and live their faith as followers of Jesus from the scriptures, traditions, and teachings of the Church.
- They witness this faith through prayer, worship with the faith community, and service to others by choosing Gospel values in daily living.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Grades: NS-K | 22 students
949 Waterford Drive
Aurora, IL 60504
(630) 898-8411 2 NS-K
- Aurora Grades: NS-8 | 181 students
706 High Steet
Aurora, IL 60505
(630) 844-3781 2 NS-8
- Aurora Grades: NS-PK
1553 Ogden Avenue
Aurora, IL 60503
(833) 905-3276 2.3 NS-PK
We have 5 children currently enrolled at Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic School. When we were searching for preschools in the area about 6 years ago, we knew we wanted a deep faith based program and found it at OLGC. We feel so very fortunate to have found our "family" in the OLGC community, from the school play, the sports program, the teachers and staff, the Sisters and Father, other parents and students - we are truly blessed to have found OLGC. Besides the family base, the curriculum is outstanding. Our children learned not only social skills in preschool, but reading, writing, spelling and phonics and more than prepared them for kindergarten. Our older children are reading levels above their grade level and we love that they have kept handwriting as part of the curriculum when so many public schools have done away with it. We could go on and on about so many things, like our full MAC Computer Lab, but you really need to see for yourself why OLGC has been a staple in Aurora for over 100 years. We love it here and hope you become part of our family too.
- Posted by Parent - carr1
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.