Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School in Boonton, NJ, serves families with students in pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade by providing an education that is distinctly Classical and authentically Catholic.
- Drawing upon the best of the Roman Catholic educational tradition, students are immersed in the liturgical life of the Church, encouraged in their love of God and neighbor, and challenged by a curriculum that is steeped in the classics.
- Through their encounter with the True, the Good, and the Beautiful, we awaken children`s imaginations, inspire their minds, and inflame their hearts for lives of eternal purpose.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / May. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit the school website: www.olmcedu.org|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Forensics Club, STEM/Engineering Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Jr. and Sr Theatre Club, Student Choi
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School in Boonton, NJ, serves families with students in pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade by providing an education that is distinctly Classical and authentically Catholic. Drawing upon the best of the Roman Catholic educational tradition, students are immersed in the liturgical life of the Church, encouraged in their love of God and neighbor, and challenged by a curriculum that is steeped in the classics. Through their encounter with the True, the Good, and the Beautiful, we awaken children`s imaginations, inspire their minds, and inflame their hearts for lives of eternal purpose.
- The motto of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish is Lumen Gentium, "A Light to the Nations." Inspired by the words of our Lord in the Sermon on the Mount, the parish prepares followers of Jesus to be the Light of the World. At Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, a Classical liberal-arts curriculum helps to form the whole person, thereby preparing students to realize their full academic potential and to thrive in every discipline. In this way, the school honors the ministry of the parish by equipping their students to follow the diverse callings of God in their lives and to flourish in every walk of life.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School was established in 1863 for the education of the children of the parish and the community. Today, Our Lady of Mount Carmel sustains its educational ministry in service to families in the region. Open to all, our classrooms foster academic excellence, spiritual devotion, and good character in a nurturing and stimulating environment and through a Classical liberal-arts curriculum dedicated to the school Mission. Our Lady of Mount Carmel`s dedication to the education of the whole person requires that we provide our students with preparation for life lived well and to its fullness; our approach to education concerns developing the habits and skills of learning that have direct application to both work and leisure. We recognize that the ends of education are the formation of the whole person through the pursuit of truth, goodness, and beauty. We facilitate that pursuit by providing a disciplined classroom environment that offers encounters with beauty and is responsive to the needs and able to stimulate the gifts of the individual student. We therefore maintain a teacher-student ratio that facilitates close instruction and lends itself to the development of a dynamic learning community. Instruction at Our Lady of Mount Carmel is delivered by teachers who are dedicated professionals, subject area experts, animated by a sense of mission for the education of their students, and models of life-long learning and Catholic devotion. The school offers an environment that is unmistakably Catholic in atmosphere and encourages growth in good character by upholding the highest standards of comportment and personal conduct for all members of the community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WayneGrades: PK-8 | 180 students
1799 Hamburg Tpke
Wayne, NJ 07470
- MontvilleGrades: PK-8 | 247 students
24 Changebridge Rd
Montville, NJ 07045
- ButlerGrades: K-9 | 149 students
2 Miller Rd
Butler, NJ 07405
- ButlerGrades: PK-8 | 201 students
57 Bartholdi Avenue
Butler, NJ 07405
- ParsippanyGrades: PK-8 | 259 students
1050 Littleton Road
Parsippany, NJ 07054
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.