Our Lady Of The Rosary Catholic Elementary School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- 2017 SACS Accredited~ Our Lady of the Rosary is a Catholic school educating stidents in the Classical tradition.
- Under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the mission of Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic School is to support parents in their role as the primary educators of their children. Our rigorous classical training draws out of students their natural desire for wisdom and virtue. By fostering a love for truth, beauty, and goodness, we seek to form disciples of Jesus Christ, set free to realize their full potential by living joyfully in accordance with the truth revealed by God through nature and the Catholic Church.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Arrowsmith Program Offered, LEAP program offered for gifted learners, Embrace Program for students with intellectual disabilities|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Spanish I, Algebra I, and English I offered in 8th grade|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students wear uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,950|
|Tuition Notes||Regular tuition is $5950-7900 depending on grade and church affiliation. There is additional tuition for students enrolled in the Arrowsmith and Embrace programs. Scholarships & financial aid programs are available to qualified applicants.|
|Admissions Director||Christine Barr|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
and Vocations Club. We also sponsor an activity day once a month at which time our students participate in a non-academic activity., Beta Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Lessons, Choir, Voice Lessons
- Welcome to our school! Since 1955, Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic School has offered students an inspiring education rooted in truth, goodness, and beauty. The family - your family - was created by God to be a perfect educational environment for your children. At Our Lady of the Rosary, we strive to model our school environment after the loving, faithful homes that entrust these beautiful children to us each day.
- At OLR, we believe that a student must be known before she can be loved, and loved before she can be served. Within our walls your child will be respected for his or her unique gifts and supported through the challenges that accompany every young life. Your son will feel free to be himself. Your daughter will feel safe to take a chance.
- Students at OLR receive an education in which teachers integrate the Catholic faith into all academic disciplines and seize opportunities to weave lessons about heroes and virtue into their instruction. An OLR education is not simply preparation for college or for a career. It is preparation for a lifetime of new experiences, friendships, and vocations, and a strong defense against the confusion of modern culture. It is preparation for a joyful life lived according to the Gospel.
- We hope you schedule a visit to our school, a joyful environment where students love to learn while learning to love. If you would like to learn more about OLR, please contact me at email@example.com.
- Our Lady of the Rosary, Pray for Us.
- In Christ`s Love,
- Tommy Curtin
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenville Grades: PK-8 | 261 students
101 Hampton Ave
Greenville, SC 29601
(864)271-3870 4 PK-8
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 83 students
630 Farrs Bridge Road
Greenville, SC 29611
(864)246-1055 8.5 PK-12
I was worried when I sent my children to school that nobody could care for them the way I do, but the principal and teachers at this school proved me wrong. They truly love their students and you can feel the warmth and kindness everywhere. The teachers are amazing! They treat each child as an individual and recognize that children learn in different ways. Their lessons are creative and my children often come home excited about the projects that they've worked on. I especially enjoy the family atmosphere. If you really want to get a good feel for the school, attend one of the school masses on Friday mornings. The older students have "buddies" from the younger grades who sit with them at mass and help them to learn proper church behavior and the singing is like heaven on earth!
- Posted by Parent - mom2w
My daughter has attended K4 and K5 at OLR and has done exceptionally well. She loves her teachers and her classmates. The atmosphere is fun and challenging and she looks forward to going to school. Parents are encouraged to visit the school and volunteer in the classroom. We are pleased with the family atmosphere at the school. We wanted our daughter to learn in a Catholic environment and we are very pleased in choosing OLR. Christian values and morals are incorporated in every subject and in all aspects of school life. All teaching is faithful to the authority of the Catholic Church and students are encouraged to practice spiritual and corporal works of mercy in service to the needy. My daughter enjoys the weekly Masses and Father Longenecker does an excellent job of directing his homily to the children. The children's choir is heavenly! OLR School has excellent resources, including the latest technology, library with laptops/tablets, and well-equipped classrooms. The teachers, staff and the principal (Mrs. Marianne Tully) are very enthusiastic and are extraordinarily dedicated to creating a constructive, positive, safe, and nurturing learning environment for the children. There is accommodation of different learning styles and abilities. Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic School offers the Arrowsmith Program for students with learning difficulties (the only Catholic School in the upstate to do so). Overall, we are very pleased and highly recommend it based on excellent academics, extracurricular activities, and the emphasis on Christian values in all aspects of the school culture.
- Posted by Parent - kjfra
We have two children enrolled in OLR, one in the 5th grade and one in Kindergarten and could not be happier with our choice of schools. OLR has provided a warm, nurturing environment for our kids to grow academically, socially and spiritually. The principal, teachers and staff go out of their way to teach, coach and mentor each student, truly taking a personal interest in them. They have all known our children by name (as well as their personalities) within the first few weeks of joining the school. The class sizes are small and provide a comfortable environment for children to learn and grow. The course work is rigorous but we have found that the teachers are extremely skilled and adept in facilitating student learning. Both of our children have made wonderful progress here. Our 5th grader is also enrolled in OLR's Arrowsmith program (Removedwww.arrowsmithschool.org/arrowsmithprogram/) which is a leading edge program aimed at helping children overcome a range of learning disabilities. There are less than 40 schools in the US with this amazing program - and OLR is one of them! In less than a year our daughter went from needing heavy classroom accommodations to requiring minimal intervention. She is also now in the advanced math program (this was not a reality before Arrowsmith). We still have another year of Arrowsmith to go and we are excited to see the continued, positive transformation and impact of this amazing program. It is truly unbelievable. In short, OLR provides a close-knit, Christ-centered approach to developing children and enabling them to thrive academically, socially and spiritually. We've attended several schools in the area and at OLR more so than anywhere else we feel that our concerns for our children are being listened to and addressed.
- Posted by Parent - kscot
I graduated from OLR in 2015, and this is a speech I gave before I graduated: I have been attending Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic school for four years. Each one of those years means something very special to me. Coming from a sheltered, home school environment, I quickly adapted to school with the help of OLR's friendly and welcoming atmosphere. From the moment that I walked through the door I immediately knew that I would love OLR. Students seemed thrilled to obtain a new classmate and friend. Teachers were excited to be able to instruct a first-time pupil. The small classes made it easier to focus and to make closer bonds with friends. I was quickly able to engage in the religious discussions comfortably as well as talk to the other students about my faith and other serious topics. I never felt judged or ridiculed for my differences. In fact, OLR embraces a sense of diversity. Both faculty and students appreciate the uniqueness of individuals. What I am trying to say is that OLR, with it's modest class sizes and caring teachers, reminds me very much of a family. Of course, not everything is perfect, just like in family life. Spending so much time in close proximity with classmates makes them more like siblings. And everybody knows how siblings get along, especially when confined to small spaces! However, as in families, this gives us an opportunity to get along with a variety of personalities. We learn patience and compassion while making long-lasting friendships. This is what OLR means to me. OLR is my family and I am sad to be leaving this year. I will miss the colorful personalities, the peaceful Masses, the beautiful singing of the choir, the exciting sports, and the meaningful discussions. I am a better person now because OLR has helped shape my character into the likeness of Christ.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - maggi
The middle school teachers are top notch. Our children graduated from 8th grade with a strong academic background and well versed in their faith. The teachers are caring and provide excellent support for the students. I highly recommend this school for anyone looking for a Christian based education for their elementary through middle school aged children.
- Posted by Parent - smrun
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.