St Joseph's Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Joseph's Catholic School is a private, Roman Catholic, co-educational, college-preparatory day school recognized and approved by and within the Diocese of Charleston.
- St. Joseph's seeks academic excellence and strives to form the minds, hearts, and souls of its students in the likeness of Christ.
- The school has been consistently named to the Catholic Education Honor Roll as a School of Excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||674 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1198|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Barbara McGrath|
|Admissions Associate||Jenny Starks|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- GreenvilleGrades: K-12 | 1099 students
245 Cavalier Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
- GreenvilleGrades: PK-12 | 1145 students
1700 Wade Hampton Blvd
Greenville, SC 29614
- GreenvilleGrades: PK-12 | 776 students
829 Garlington Road
Greenville, SC 29615
- GreenvilleGrades: PK-12 | 417 students
875 State Park Road
Greenville, SC 29609
- SpartanburgGrades: PK-12 | 405 students
190 Lincoln School Road
Spartanburg, SC 29301
We love that St. Joe's is a place that is the best fit for all of our children. However, they could stand to be MUCH less nepotistic (if that's even a word). The admissions director could, also, stand to be MUCH more pro-athletics or just retire altogether...she's been there too long. We've been there for more than 9 years and all of our graduates have excelled and been ready for their college education. St. Joe's has made strides in improving other administrative issues that have been road blocks in the past so, if you are considering St. Joseph's Catholic School for your child, we very highly recommend it. The peer environment is not any different from any other private school but, St. Joseph's is TRULY a college prep school where Christ Church Episcopal School is NOT.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 7
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.