Prince Of Peace Catholic School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (864) 331-2145
- Prince of Peace Catholic School is a 2014 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, and a school recognized in 2020 on the Cardnial Newman Society Catholic Education Honor Roll, because of our consistent record of high student achievement in math and reading at all grade levels. We are located in Taylors, South Carolina serving families in Greenville, Greer, Travelers Rest, and Simpsonville.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2014|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress Day for school mass includes vest & tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 28 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,850|
|Tuition Notes||Non-parishioner rate +$1100|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Tammy Lopez|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Volleyball, Winter TrackArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Quiz Bowl Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Choirs, Drama Productions
- Prince of Peace is a school of faith and learning. Our students study their faith in the classroom, live a life of daily prayer, practice and model goodness and integrity, and are valued as members of a spiritual family. We offer a solid curriculum to form the mind for the challenges of later learning. Students study Singapore Math, daily math practice and review, reading with phonics-based Superkids, writing skills K to 8, and get involvoed in the arts (fine arts, drama, music and especially the tradition of sacred music).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 1189 students
1700 Wade Hampton Blvd
Greenville, SC 29614
(864) 770-1395 6 PK-12
- Greenville Grades: PK-8 | 280 students
101 Hampton Ave
Greenville, SC 29601
(864) 271-3870 6.3 PK-8
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 90 students
630 Farrs Bridge Road
Greenville, SC 29611
(684) 246-1055 9.7 PK-12
Prince of Peace is truly an extension of our home and family for our children! The love and support that the teachers, staff and priests provide cannot be reproduced anywhere! The academics provided are so rich and all encompassing - but it is the extras like the establishment of Catholic / Christian values, love of neighbor, development of character that make this school so extra special! I highly recommend joining this family and enriching your children with an education that cannot be replicated in any other environment!
- Posted by Parent - Erin Lewis
We cannot recommend Prince of Peace enough! It is an ideal place to send a child so that they can be educated body, mind, and soul! In addition to having very strong academics (Blue Ribbon School) the school is devoted to raising virtuous children that love Christ and neighbor! The teachers there are amazing and see their role as a vocation and not a job. We cannot imagine sending our children anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - Parent of multiple students
We absolutely love Prince of Peace. This is our third year at the school and our children are thriving. The pastor, teachers, staff, and other families are so friendly and welcoming. We feel a great sense of community at the school, an attribute that is important to us. The teachers are top notch and truly care about the well being of each child. The education the kids receive is unparalleled. We are very happy with our school and look forward to many years within the Prince of Peace community.
- Posted by Parent - POP Mom
We love POPCS. The staff loves and cares for my children and their feelings and well being! We are so thankful for this school.
- Posted by Parent - Tiffany
POPCS is a loving and encouraging school with and excellent group of teachers and staff. They are truly invested in the school and it`s future. My children are so happy there for so many reasons...amazing families, great friends, excellent academics, rock star teachers, spiritual encouragement, etc. We are so thankful for this school and feel truly blessed to be here!
- Posted by Parent - Happy family
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.