Pioneer Christian School
- Pioneer Christian School is an independent, inter-denominational, Christian-Classical school for students in grades K-12.
- Using the Principle Approach, we teach our students how to be life long learners within a biblical worldview.
- Central to the PCS philosophy is the belief that spiritual and moral education are even more important than academic education.
- Thus, spiritual and moral teaching is woven into all subject matters.
- By integrating biblical Christianity with all areas of academia, PCS strives to teach students that Jesus Christ cannot be separated from any part of life.
- Pioneer Christian School is a place where young people can learn, grow, and mature into the very special individual that God created them to be.
- We desire to teach students that God wants to have a relationship with them, and that God has given them the wonderful responsibility and opportunity to allow Him to reach others through them.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Junta Grades: 5-12 | 39 students
28071 State Highway 109
La Junta, CO 81050
(719)384-5981 7.8 5-12
- Pueblo Grades: K-9 | 20 students
2901 Oneal Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81005
(719)565-2113 55 K-9
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.