Pioneer Christian School
Tel: (719) 254-3550
- Pioneer Christian School is an independent, inter-denominational, Christian-Classical school for students in grades K-12.
- Using the Principle Approach, we teach our students how to be life long learners within a biblical worldview.
- Central to the PCS philosophy is the belief that spiritual and moral education are even more important than academic education.
- Thus, spiritual and moral teaching is woven into all subject matters.
- By integrating biblical Christianity with all areas of academia, PCS strives to teach students that Jesus Christ cannot be separated from any part of life.
- Pioneer Christian School is a place where young people can learn, grow, and mature into the very special individual that God created them to be.
- We desire to teach students that God wants to have a relationship with them, and that God has given them the wonderful responsibility and opportunity to allow Him to reach others through them.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Junta Grades: 5-12 | 39 students
28071 State Highway 109
La Junta, CO 81050
(719) 384-5981 7.8 5-12
- Pueblo Grades: K-9 | 20 students
2901 Oneal Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81005
(719) 565-2113 55 K-9
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.