St John Neumann Catholic School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- St. John Neumann Catholic School was established for the purpose of providing quality private education.
- It is a school committed to teaching Catholic faith and values and to help each child acquire skills for personal growth and service to others.
- The school offers a curriculum of instruction in the doctrines of the Catholic faith, and provides opportunities for each child to practice that faith in an atmosphere rooted in Christian values.
- In keeping with these principles, it manifests the acceptance of every student regardless of religion, race or color.
- The goal of St. John Neumann Preschool is to help the child develop skills within the areas of personal and social growth, gross and fine motor development, and perceptual, cognitive and language growth.
- These skills are encouraged through a curriculum which includes free play, sharing/show and tell, stories, songs, finger plays, creative art activities, drama, nutrition, science and nature activities.
- Shapes, colors, alphabet and numbers are integrated in the preschool curriculum.
- We strive to enhance the child's spiritual development, by providing a Christian environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||147 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pueblo Grades: K-9 | 20 students
2901 Oneal Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81005
(719)565-2113 1.3 K-9
- Pueblo Grades: PK-12 | 174 students
320 Goodnight Ave
Pueblo, CO 81004
(719)561-1121 3.4 PK-12
- Pueblo Grades: K-10 | 76 students
4235 Parkhill Pl
Pueblo, CO 81008
(719)544-6174 21.1 K-10
We feel blessed to call St. John Neumann our school. Academically our son is challenged and is thriving in all subjects. Socially, SJN is a warm and friendly community we call family. The faculty, staff and administration know all children by name and take an interest in helping each student and family individually. We are especially thankful for the faith based learning and environment. We are right where we want to be!
- Posted by Parent - Kimberly Wordsworth Murphy
We LOVE St John Neumann School. It is a second family for our kids. Our girls love going to school, are challenged, and are encouraged every day.
- Posted by Parent - SJN Parent
My experience with SJN has been wonderful. I am impressed with the quality of the overall academic program, the teachers, school administration, and the facility itself. My daughter is consistently engaged and excited to go to school. In addition to learning the basic courses of science, math, and reading/writing, she is also exposed to religion, art, music, and sports. The school administration is organized and communicates well with parents. Overall, SJN is truly focused on the safety and success of all their students!
- Posted by Parent - Jackie M.
I am so pleased with our experience with John Neumann. I have two children enrolled in the school. They are challenged, loved, and supported.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of two
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Are the SAT and ACT essential for college admissions? The answer to that question depends on many things, not the least of which is your own personal philosophy of education. Some more answers here.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.