Pleasant Grove Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- WHO WE ARE: Pleasant Grove Christian School is a Biblically-integrated, college preparatory school, using qualified teachers in a traditional, teacher-directed classroom setting.
- OUR MISSION: In partnership with families, the mission of Pleasant Grove Christian School is to prepare student's minds, bodies, and spirits to impact their world for Christ.
- OUR VISION: Our vision is for the graduates of Pleasant Grove Christian School to become mature Christian adults that possess Godly wisdom, knowledge, and a Biblical worldview, as evidenced by a lifestyle of character, leadership, service, stewardship, and worship.
Pleasant Grove Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Association of Christian Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Costs vary dependent upon student needs.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform not required; conservative wear.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary is 3950. We offer several in-house scholarships, partial and full tuition, when available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Rickie F. Stubbs, Jr.|
|Admissions Associate||Karyn Tarver|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4-H Club, Community Service, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- At Pleasant Grove Christian School, we are service oriented. Every Wednesday is service day. The kids attend chapel and fine arts classes in the morning. From 11-2, they serve the community through the food bank, the Pleasant Grove Gardens, and outreach opportunities. As the day wraps up, they journal about their experiences.
- We offer hands-on learning experiences through our horticulture program. Our science classes include many projects and labs. We currently offer dual enrollment opportunities for qualifying High School students and we will be offering classes and degrees online in the fall of 2019.
- For anyone located in the Griffin or Locust Grove area we will be providing bus transportation in Jekinsburg starting in the fall semester of 2019. Please call for more information.
- At Pleasant Grove Christian School we love the Lord and we love our kids. Come see what we are all about!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Peachtree City Grades: 6-12 | 91 students
300 Tivoli Gardens Rd Ste 100
Peachtree City, GA 30269
(770)632-1710 31.3 6-12
- Eatonton Grades: PK-12 | 423 students
139 Phillips Dr
Eatonton, GA 31024
(706)485-8231 38.1 PK-12
- Locust Grove Grades: PK-12 | 826 students
4200 Strong Rock Pkwy
Locust Grove, GA 30248
(678)833-1200 7 PK-12
Pleasant Grove Christian School has high quality education, top notch teachers with the student's education and spiritual welfare in mind! They have the best agricultural program around and some amazing extracurricular activities for the students! I am blessed to be a part of this team!
- Posted by Teacher - Cullen
I can not say enough good things about this school. My son loves it here. The faculty, staff and students are more like family. My son is ADHD, everyone at this school accepts him for who he is, and the teachers instead of giving up and getting exasperated used different methods to help him learn until they found the way that works best for him. He is now learning at the same pace as other students his age, had gained confidence, his self esteem is at an all time high. Not only is he on par with his grades, he is becoming a kind, caring, confident young man any parent would be proud of. This school is the answer to many prayers.
- Posted by Parent - Theresa Creedon
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.