Ponderosa Montessori School
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-3
- Enrollment: 43 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Ponderosa Montessori School uses Montessori program to teach children. Montessori is one of the fastest-growing and most popular educational methods in the United States today. It began in Italy in the early 1900s by Dr. Maria Montessori, a doctor and educator who achieved remarkable results with children by designing an educational program that makes the most of the innate desire of children to learn. The Montessori classroom is at the same time disciplined and self-directed. Children are provided with hands-on materials that enable them to learn math, language, science, and history, while at the same time developing intellectual curiosity, self-respect, and respect for the world around them. Instructors give small group lessons or one-on-one lessons, and then monitor the children's progress as they complete projects on their own, at their own pace. Montessori graduates are self-directed, motivated learners who are notable for the continuing excitement they find in learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Ponderosa Montessori School?
The application deadline for Ponderosa Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Ponderosa Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards