Ponderosa Montessori School
- Ponderosa Montessori School uses Montessori program to teach children. Montessori is one of the fastest-growing and most popular educational methods in the United States today.
- It began in Italy in the early 1900s by Dr. Maria Montessori, a doctor and educator who achieved remarkable results with children by designing an educational program that makes the most of the innate desire of children to learn.
- The Montessori classroom is at the same time disciplined and self-directed.
- Children are provided with hands-on materials that enable them to learn math, language, science, and history, while at the same time developing intellectual curiosity, self-respect, and respect for the world around them.
- Instructors give small group lessons or one-on-one lessons, and then monitor the children's progress as they complete projects on their own, at their own pace.
- Montessori graduates are self-directed, motivated learners who are notable for the continuing excitement they find in learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1999 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)949-5355 3249.8 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 3176 students
1887 Makuakane St
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808)842-8211 3250.2 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: PK-3 | 58 students
872 Mission Ln
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808)585-0622 3251 PK-3
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.