- Portledge is an independent, pre-nursery through twelfth grade coeducational, college-preparatory day school.
- The School`s coordinated sequential program provides an academically excellent education that prepares students for responsible and productive lives.
- Dedicated teachers, small class size, and a warm and personal atmosphere combine to advance high moral standards and individual accomplishments.
- Our teachers understand that for middle schoolers this is a time of self-exploration and self-definition. They teach and coach the whole child and understand their critical role in helping young adolescents develop confidence and become more independent.
- Middle schoolers are constantly changing, and our teachers themselves are energized by this.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||523 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is tiered based upon the division. Lower School is 23,000, Middle School is 27,500 and Upper School is 29,950.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$14,000|
|Admissions Director||Michael Coope|
|Admissions Associate||Leigh Farrell|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, TennisBallet, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manhasset Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
51 Clapham Avenue
Manhasset, NY 11030
(516)627-2711 7.8 9-12