Prairie Hill Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (763) 856-5500
- At Prairie Hill Montessori, we nuture the whole child and guide their learning using authentic Montessori teaching methods.
- Our dedicated teaching staff will respect and fulfill your child's educational, emotional, physical and social needs, while embracing their individuality.
- Montessori philosophy believes that children learn best in a social environment that encourages individual growth.
- Children direct and follow their own interests, under the guidance of trained Montessori teachers.
- Classrooms are multi-aged to stimulate conversation, create community and allow older students to be role models and leaders.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$170|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||weekly|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$170|
|Admissions Director||Katherine Mary Curtis|
|Admissions Associate||Robert Curtis|
- We are a quality preschool and kindergarten program for children 33 months through age 6.
- We offer licensed child care options for working families and are open 6 AM to 6 PM,
- providing both before and after school care.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Francis Grades: PK-8 | 75 students
7515 269th Ave Nw
Saint Francis, MN 55070
(763) 856-2099 6.5 PK-8
- Princeton Grades: PK-4 | 82 students
804 7th Street South
Princeton, MN 55371
(330) 867-6222 8.1 PK-4
- Elk River Grades: PK-12 | 24 students
11800 196th Avenue NW
Elk River, MN 55330
(763) 441-2816 8.1 PK-12
- Elk River Grades: PK-8 | 127 students
9243 Viking Blvd Nw
Elk River, MN 55330
(763) 441-6616 9 PK-8
All of our children have attended Prairie Hill. Ms. Katherine and her staff go above and beyond to connect with each and every child daily in their program. They instill the love of learning and play while preparing these little ones for kindergarten. This gem in Zimmerman has inspired and empowered our children to reach their full potential.
- Posted by Parent - Jen
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?