Prairie Hill Montessori School
At Prairie Hill Montessori, we nuture the whole child and guide their learning using authentic Montessori teaching methods.
Our dedicated teaching staff will respect and fulfill your child's educational, emotional, physical and social needs, while embracing their individuality.
Montessori philosophy believes that children learn best in a social environment that encourages individual growth.
Children direct and follow their own interests, under the guidance of trained Montessori teachers.
Classrooms are multi-aged to stimulate conversation, create community and allow older students to be role models and leaders.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 45 students
- Yearly Tuition: $170
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Katherine Mary Curtis
- We are a quality preschool and kindergarten program for children 33 months through age 6.
- We offer licensed child care options for working families and are open 6 AM to 6 PM,
- providing both before and after school care.
All of our children have attended Prairie Hill. Ms. Katherine and her staff go above and beyond to connect with each and every child daily in their program. They instill the love of learning and play while preparing these little ones for kindergarten. This gem in Zimmerman has inspired and empowered our children to reach their full potential.
Endorse Prairie Hill Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.