St. John Lutheran School
Tel: (763) 441-6616
- St. John Lutheran Church was organized on this site in Burns Township in November of 1876, by about 10 farming families of the area.
- Some ten years later the congregation organized a Christian Day School which it supports to this day.
- The staff in the early days of the Church and school were the Pastor and Principal/teacher.
- The goal of our preschool program is to provide each child with many developmentally appropriate experiences in a loving Christian environment.
- At St. John we emphasize the “whole child” which stresses: spiritual, cognitive, language, social, emotional, creative, large motor and fine motor skills and development.
- Themes are used to introduce and develop concepts through both large and small group experiences, play, exploration and the use of centers.
- St. John Lutheran Church and School is proud to announce that it has been selected for the 2008 Best of Elk River Award in the Preschool category by the U.S. Local Business Association.
- The USLBA recognizes outstanding local businesses throughout the country. Each year the USLBA identifies companies that they believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elk River Grades: PK-12 | 24 students
11800 196th Avenue NW
Elk River, MN 55330
(763) 441-2816 3.2 PK-12
- Elk River Grades: PK-5 | 185 students
428 Irving Ave Nw
Elk River, MN 55330
(763) 441-2216 3.5 PK-5
- Princeton Grades: PK-4 | 82 students
804 7th Street South
Princeton, MN 55371
(330) 867-6222 16.5 PK-4
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.