Precious Gems Montessori
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (732) 635-1300
- Precious Gems Montessori aims to develop a culture and environment which fosters independence, social awareness and a love of learning for young children, based on the philosophy and principles of Montessori education, and with a belief that each child is precious..
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Precious Gems Montessori (a.k.a PGM) aims to develop a culture and environment which fosters independence, social consciousness and love of learning for young children. It delivers this based on the philosophy and core principles of Montessori education, with a belief that each child is precious and has individual development needs to bring out his or her full potential. PGM provides individualized and first-class Montessori education, coupled with fun-filled extracurricular activities and high-quality child care services. We offer an exceptional learning environment to prepare our students to learn, to grow, to achieve and to excel as young leaders of tomorrow. With a friendly homelike setting, the Montessori education is tailored to the individual needs to support development of the full potential in a child.The school offers individualized curriculum specialized in the areas of language, art, math, science, cultural, sensorial and practical life. The training method is filled with effective hands-on materials to stimulate child's interest in learning. Our education is supplemented with exciting extracurricular activities and programs to create a fun-filled and satisfying environment for young children of all ages, as well as exceptional child-care services.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kenilworth Grades: PK-K | 20 students
225 N 8th St
Kenilworth, NJ 07033
(908) 276-7750 10 PK-K
- Scotch Plains Grades: PK-K | 42 students
1390 Terrill Rd
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
(908) 322-4652 5.6 PK-K
My son thoroughly enjoyed his school tenure with precious gems. He opened up quite a lot and even after moving from the area. He remembers his time spent there. I am happy with overall school activities.
- Posted by Parent - Nikit
The best certificate I can give to this school is from my daughter who is 3 yrs old, she is loving the school and the teachers. Everyday she gets herself ready for school and with a beautiful smile she will say " Mama let's go to school." She knows her rules very clear and also try to apply some new which she is learning from school, at home she will try to teach me the academics....looking at a number or letter book she will ask me to say the letters and numbers, and when I say it correct she will compliment me by saying...."Good job"...feels so Great!!!! Thankx Precious Gems and Thankx Ms Rumana:)
- Posted by Parent - pipso
Wonderful school. At first, I used to send my kid half day. Later she wanted me to send her full day. Now I am sending her full day and now she wants after care also :) I am very happy with the school and with the teachers.
- Posted by Parent - rks
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?