Presbyterian Ear Institute
- Presbyterian Ear Institute Oral School was founded on the belief that many children with hearing loss can develop the ability to listen, learn, and speak.
- Presbyterian Ear Institute Oral School provides an educational program in which children with hearing loss learn to communicate using spoken language.
- We provide a supportive and stimulating learning environment in which children who are deaf and hard-of-hearing can grow socially and emotionally as well as linguistically and academically.
- The team of professionals on campus includes oral deaf educators, speech-language pathologists, early childhood educators, special educators, audiologists, and otologists.
- The team also enlists the service of other providers such as occupational and physical therapists and vision specialists.
- It is the goal of Presbyterian Ear Institute Oral School to teach children with hearing loss to talk by providing an educational environment that fosters oral communication.
- Our school offers an innovative teaching plan for children who use hearing aids and/or cochlear implants and provides a curriculum individualized to meet the specific needs of each child.
- The small student teacher ratio of 3 to 1, combined with teachers trained in oral deaf education, ensures active student participation and high motivation.
- Our goal is to ensure that all children develop their speech, language, audition, academic, and social skills to a level that will bring them success in a mainstream classroom setting and in the larger hearing world as they grow older.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
October 19, 2017
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.