- Presbyterian Ear Institute Oral School was founded on the belief that many children with hearing loss can develop the ability to listen, learn, and speak.
- Presbyterian Ear Institute Oral School provides an educational program in which children with hearing loss learn to communicate using spoken language.
- We provide a supportive and stimulating learning environment in which children who are deaf and hard-of-hearing can grow socially and emotionally as well as linguistically and academically.
- The team of professionals on campus includes oral deaf educators, speech-language pathologists, early childhood educators, special educators, audiologists, and otologists.
- The team also enlists the service of other providers such as occupational and physical therapists and vision specialists.
- It is the goal of Presbyterian Ear Institute Oral School to teach children with hearing loss to talk by providing an educational environment that fosters oral communication.
- Our school offers an innovative teaching plan for children who use hearing aids and/or cochlear implants and provides a curriculum individualized to meet the specific needs of each child.
- The small student teacher ratio of 3 to 1, combined with teachers trained in oral deaf education, ensures active student participation and high motivation.
- Our goal is to ensure that all children develop their speech, language, audition, academic, and social skills to a level that will bring them success in a mainstream classroom setting and in the larger hearing world as they grow older.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.