Providence Heights Alpha School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (412) 366-4455
Providence Heights Alpha School Photo #3 - Gym classes are designed to work on health, fitness, conditioning and fun
Providence Heights Alpha School Photo #4 - A whole host of musical options are available including band, guitar, and piano.
Providence Heights Alpha School Photo #6 - Students enjoy swimming classes once a week and one PE class in grades K through 3rd grade and then 2 PE classes in grades 4-8
Providence Heights Alpha School Photo #7 - Students in PreK and Kindergarten grades attend classes across the curriculum such as Spanish, art, music, library, etc but also have their own Early Learning Center with specialized attention.
Providence Heights Alpha School Photo #8 - Students are engaged in a rigorous science, computer technology, math and engineering programs in grades. By 8th grade they are learning chemistry and physics, designing solutions to real world problems, and navigating online platforms easily.
Providence Heights Alpha School Photo #9 - Our beautiful chapel is a welcome gathering place for weekly mass where families of many faiths celebrate
- A Private, Independent, Catholic, PreK-8 school, welcoming children of all faiths, located on a 40 acre campus in the North Hills. Rigorous academics combine the traditional and innovative. Excellent high school preparation in all disciplines, especially science and math with classes in computer technology and the arts. Over 90 years of success and a long history of excellence with students consistently achieving academic scholarships in high school.
- Alpha Students win JV Soccer Championship - 11/08/2018 - Congrats to the JV team for bringing home the trophy!
- Students and Teacher win Award and highest Score from Society of Analytical Chemists - 09/18/2018 - Alpha studnets have highest score in region for PJAS chemistry division and their teacher wins an industry award for her ongoing work.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,700|
|Tuition Notes||Prek $7250. Discounts available for La Roche college employees and employees of Sisters of Divine Providence|
|Admissions Director||Heather Parker|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Services, Book Clubs, Brownies, Ecoexplorers, Forensics, Katie's Clay Studio, Martial Arts, Math Club, PA Junior Academy of Science, Pittsburgh Regional Science and Engineering Fair, Robotics Club, School Band, Service Club, STEM Club, Student Council, Tennis Lessons
Arts and Music Programs:
Guitar Lessons, Musical Theatre, Piano
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Creativity Though Cooking, Cross Country, Fall/Spring Soccer, Girls Volleyball, Girls/Boys Basketball
- Rigorous academic program with hands on, experiential approach developing the whole child. Traditional and innovative approach and techniques with 15:1 ratio. Specials include spanish, STEM lab, Computer Tech, library, art, music, swim, most even at the Pre-K level. Focus on writing, math, science with 8th grade engaging in Chemistry and Physics. Extensive after school programs, several competitve sports options. We even have a private chapel for weekly mass where all faiths are welcome.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Grades: PK-K | 24 students
9100 Babcock Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
(412) 367-5285 0.3 PK-K
- Pittsburgh Grades: 9-12 | 231 students
8100 Mcknight Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
(412) 364-1616 1.5 9-12
- Pittsburgh Grades: PK | 26 students
8701 Perry Highway
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
(412) 369-3722 1.6 PK
- Allison Park Grades: PK-K | 94 students
2379 Wyland Ave
Allison Park, PA 15101
(412) 487-2700 2.4 PK-K
my granddaughter switched to Alpha when her family had to make a difficult relocation. She loved her old school but Alpha has welcomed her and she has had a wonderful experience there. So much so that her younger sister will join her next year. She is learning a lot both academically and socially, plays sports, and has made friends. it is a tight and caring community of students, teachers, and parents.
- Posted by Parent - Jim K
We have been at Alpha for 9 years with two children. Both very intelligent and driven but with their own style. The school focuses on a whole child approach which individualized the academics and the method for each of them so they both developed. My son is very shy and my daughter very outgoing. They have both been challenged, nurtured, and guided towards outstanding outcome. Kids are taught skills such as note-taking, organization, public speaking, leadership, outlining, research, graphing calculators, etc. They are truly set up to have a high level of success in any high school. When it was time for high school searching, it really felt like the high schools are trying to impress my son to select them.
- Posted by Parent - Hart
We have been Alpha parents for 7 years and have been delighted with the school. Academically, it is first-rate. Our children are taught how to think creatively, reason, and solve problems, not just how to take tests. The curriculum is challenging and varied, with programs in Chinese, Spanish, Robotics, swim, and more. STEM from Kindergarten (including, e.g., a dedicated K-3 science teacher with lab). Small class sizes and wonderful faculty create a nurturing and caring environment, within individual attention. The school celebrates its Catholicism while also welcoming those of all faiths and embracing a diversity of ideas. Our children love going to school.
- Posted by Parent - pritc
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?