- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 46 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Everyday uniform: dark wash jeans, white button-down or polo and Purnell sweater. Formal uniform includes a blazer and a kilt or khaki pants.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Purnell School, established in 1963, is the premier boarding and day school for girls with learning differences. We are at the forefront of education for girls from across the globe with different learning styles. We use a highly individualized approach tailored to the precise learning style of each student. Girls in grades nine through twelve learn within a creative, reflective, and supportive classroom and boarding community and thrive in academics, the arts and athletics. We offer seven and five-day boarding as well as day programs. Purnell also offers a Post Graduate (PG) year of study and exploration. Each year Purnell graduates attend the college of their choice.Purnell is located on 83 acres in rural, equestrian New Jersey. Safe, peaceful yet close to the vibrancy of New York City and Philadelphia. Students discover their unique strengths in preparation for college and the world. Purnell students learn to be ethical, independent, and self-confident working with faculty who act as mentors, teaching to the individual needs of the student.Purnell`s founding beliefs continue to guide the school over 50 years later: Consideration of Others, Truthfulness in All Relations, Use of Common Sense.Purnell successfully serves girls with the following learning differences: Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, ADHD, Executive Functioning Challenges, Auditory Processing Disorders.School accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Purnell School offer?
When is the application deadline for Purnell School?
Endorse Purnell School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards