5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (908) 766-0362
- For nearly 40 years, Montgomery Academy has served students ages 5 - 21 with challenges that were not getting met in conventional public school settings.
- Montgomery Academy provides individualized instruction, counseling and transition services along with performing arts, athletics, and technology programs delivered with sensitivity in small classes on a serene mountaintop in Mendham Township.
- What sets Montgomery apart is its spirit. Our dedicated professional educators care as much about why and how our students learn as about what they learn.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Aspergers, Autism, ED, ADHD, etc.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,110|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is normally underwritten by the local sending district but private pay options are available.|
|Admissions Director||Cheryl Lentini|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Delventhal Marelli|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, CheeringBasketball, Cheering,|
- Montgomery Academy is a safe, happy, hard-working place of active learning, collaboration and individualism. It's a place where students can truly be themselves- guided toward self-confidence, self-governance and self-knowledge in a reassuring atmosphere of trust and mutual respect. Making choices, cultivating interests: these are at the heart of the Montgomery Academy experience. Visit us to see our mission in action and to find out first-hand how we can help your son or daughter realize their unique potential. Call us today at to arrange a personal tour and remember to ask about our superb summer program! Montgomery Academy- Where You Can Be Yourself!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Califon Grades: 7-12 | 70 students
37 Hoffmans Crossing Rd
Califon, NJ 07830
(908) 832-7200 10.4 7-12
- Cherry Hill Grades: 1-12 | 101 students
2127 Church Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
(856) 482-5252 56.9 1-12
- Pennington Grades: K-12 | 125 students
100 Straube Center Blvd
Pennington, NJ 08534
(609) 730-9553 27.9 K-12
- Pompton Plains Grades: 7-12 | 60 students
157 W Parkway
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
(973) 835-4989 25.6 7-12
- Wickatunk Grades: 6-12 | 96 students
160 Conover Rd
Wickatunk, NJ 07765
(732) 946-4771 33.9 6-12
Our child was traumatized by his experiences in his last placement. He is Autistic. We visited Montgomery several times, with hopes our child would find a place of respect, love and acceptance. We brought our child in twice and requested very special circumstances to make his visit as non stressful as possible because he at this point was unable to trust anyone other than his immediate family. In fact he was afraid to leave the house up until his first visit to Montgomery. It is with great joy and appreciation that I say thank you as on his first visit he took to Tony the principle immediately, holding his arm during the tour. Our 2nd visit was just as amazing if not more, he connected to the other students and staff and loved the gym teacher! Thank you Montgomery, for your support, understanding and going the extra mile! SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER!
- Posted by Parent - help
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.