For nearly 40 years, Montgomery Academy has served students ages 5 - 21 with challenges that were not getting met in conventional public school settings.
Montgomery Academy provides individualized instruction, counseling and transition services along with performing arts, athletics, and technology programs delivered with sensitivity in small classes on a serene mountaintop in Mendham Township.
What sets Montgomery apart is its spirit. Our dedicated professional educators care as much about why and how our students learn as about what they learn.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Students: 64 students
- Yearly Tuition: $46,110
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Aspergers, Autism, ED, ADHD, etc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition is normally underwritten by the local sending district but private pay options are available.
Lisa Delventhal Marelli
- Montgomery Academy is a safe, happy, hard-working place of active learning, collaboration and individualism. It's a place where students can truly be themselves- guided toward self-confidence, self-governance and self-knowledge in a reassuring atmosphere of trust and mutual respect. Making choices, cultivating interests: these are at the heart of the Montgomery Academy experience. Visit us to see our mission in action and to find out first-hand how we can help your son or daughter realize their unique potential. Call us today at to arrange a personal tour and remember to ask about our superb summer program! Montgomery Academy- Where You Can Be Yourself!
Our child was traumatized by his experiences in his last placement. He is Autistic. We visited Montgomery several times, with hopes our child would find a place of respect, love and acceptance. We brought our child in twice and requested very special circumstances to make his visit as non stressful as possible because he at this point was unable to trust anyone other than his immediate family. In fact he was afraid to leave the house up until his first visit to Montgomery. It is with great joy and appreciation that I say thank you as on his first visit he took to Tony the principle immediately, holding his arm during the tour. Our 2nd visit was just as amazing if not more, he connected to the other students and staff and loved the gym teacher! Thank you Montgomery, for your support, understanding and going the extra mile! SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER!
Endorse Montgomery Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.