The Willow School
- The Willow School, an independent day school for students in preschool through eighth grade, is committed to combining academic excellence, the joy of learning, and the wonder of experiencing the natural world.
- Willow is dedicated to maintaining an environment where respect for the individual, an outstanding faculty, and an understanding of place foster independent thinking, creativity, responsibility, and integrity.
- A Willow education enables children to develop an ethical approach to all relationships, realize their full potential, and believe in their power to effect positive change.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared shirts, no jeans)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 13|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes organic lunch program|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Walter|
|Admissions Associate||Susie Delaporte|
- The Willow School is an independent, coeducational day school for grades K-8, located on 34 wooded acres in Gladstone, NJ. The Willow School is built on the belief that children thrive in a setting that embraces the joy of learning and the wonder of the natural environment. The curriculum maintains a deliberate balance of rigorous academics and creative projects and emphasizes the school's unique commitment to environmental sustainability. This program, in the hands of talented teachers, fans the flame of each child's natural curiosity and desire to learn. Our small classes create an atmosphere of trust and allow teachers to focus on children's individual strengths and needs. Through the school's virtues program, children become knowledgeable and wise, curious and creative, responsible and confident. For more information, please visit our website at www.willowschool.org or call (908) 470-9500.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.