The Peck School
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 344 students
- Yearly Tuition: $35,200
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
Backpacking Club, Chess, Coding, Golf, InDeCoRe Club (Character Develo, Linden Yearbook, Nifty Knitters, Student Council, Volunteerism Group, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Instrumental Music
- When it comes to your child, at The Peck School, we see the same things you see. We see a young mind brimming with ideas, ready to learn, and eager for new opportunities. And as one of the nation's finest independent, coeducational day schools, our mission is as clear today as it was when we were founded in 1893that knowledge must be guided by values as we steer young learners toward bright futures.
- Here's How:
- A Challenging Curriculum: Whether it's in the Upper School (grades 5-8) or the Lower School (grades K-4), our students engage in a carefully crafted curriculum that integrates reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, the sciences, world languages, design thinking, character education, and a variety of creative endeavors such as visual and dramatic arts, music, robotics, and woodworking.
- A Caring Community: Everything we do begins and ends with collaboration. When you enroll your child at Peck, we will share a common goal of embracing your child's talents, dreams, and hopes for the future. Our community of parents is a vital ingredient to the success we've enjoyed for more than a century.
- A Commitment to Character: It may be as simple as an eighth grader holding open a door for a kindergartner. Or great sportsmanship among a group of students at play. At Peck, consideration of others is on display everywhere. Our acclaimed Individual Development and Community Responsibility (InDeCoRe) Program is a major part of this mission, guiding positive character development across our community.
- A Caring, Renowned Faculty: Our teachers inspire, and are inspired by, their students every day. With an average of 15 years of work experience, Peck faculty are masters in their fields and are skilled at helping your child succeed. Our faculty work individually and as part of teams to assess each student's strengths and needs, help determine individual goals, and craft strategies for intellectual growth and personal development.
- A Focus on Technology: We emphasize appropriate use of technology throughout our curriculum. From our K-8 robotics curriculum, to our one-to-one laptop program in grades three through eight, to our state-of-the-art multimedia resources, we are dedicated to infusing technology into varied learning experiencesand to taking a step back from technology when necessary, as well.
- A hallmark Life Skills and Traits program: This endeavor is designed to develop, foster, and strengthen in each individual student traits necessary to succeed and thrive in today's complex and challenging world. These areas include proficiency in public speaking, information literacy, real-world problem solving skills, and an awareness of what it means to be a responsible global citizen. And, more than anything, at Peck, you will find a caring and supportive environment that celebrates the distinct talents, perspectives, and dreams of our students.
Endorse The Peck School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards