The Peck School
- When it comes to your child, at The Peck School, we see the same things you see.
- We see a bright young mind, brimming with hope, ready to learn, and eager for new kinds of opportunities.
- And, as one of the nation`s finest independent, coeducational day schools, our mission is as clear today as it was when we were founded in 1893-to introduce those bright young minds to even brighter futures.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||354 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from 29,000 (KG) to 34,600 (8th Grade). A healthy financial aid budget is available. Interested families are encouraged to apply.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,500|
|Admissions Director||Erin Gordon Ceder|
|Admissions Associate||Wanda Fiorini|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Field Hockey, Ice Hockey,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Spirit (literary magazine), Builders Club, Chess, Coding, Drama Club, Friday Fun and Floor Hockey, Golf, Green Team, Guitar Jam, ImPeckable News (school newspaper), InDeCoRe Club (Character Develo, Junior Book Cooks, Linden (yearbook), Lower School Help, Nifty Knitters, Pinterest Party, Plant-It-Vegetable, Play with Your Food, Project Linus, Star Wars Arts and Crafts, Steel Pan Band, Student Council, Volunteerism Group, Yoga Builders Club, Chess, Coding, Drama Club, Golf, Green Team, Guitar Jam, Nifty Knitters, Project Linus, Steel Pan Band, Yoga, Art Spirit (literary magazine),|
Friday Fun and Floor Hockey,
ImPeckable News (school newspaper),
InDeCoRe Club (Character Develo,
Junior Book Cooks,
Lower School Help,
Play with Your Food,
Star Wars Arts and Crafts,
- When it comes to your child, at The Peck School, we see the same things you see. We see a bright young mind, brimming with hope, ready to learn, and eager for new kinds of opportunities. And, as one of the nation`s finest independent, coeducational day schools, our mission is as clear today as it was when we were founded in 1893-to introduce those bright young minds to even brighter futures.
- Here's How:
- A Challenging Curriculum
- Whether it`s in the Upper School (grades 58), the Lower School (grades K4), or Kindergarten, our students engage in a carefully crafted curriculum that integrates reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, the sciences, world languages, and a variety of creative endeavors such as painting, drawing, sculpture, music, class plays, and woodworking.
- A Caring Community
- Everything we do begins and ends with collaboration. When you enroll your child at Peck, we will share a common goal of embracing your child`s talents, dreams, and hopes for the future. Our community of parents is a vital ingredient to the success we`ve enjoyed for more than a century.
- A Commitment to Character
- It may be as simple as an eighth grader holding open a door for a kindergartner. Or great sportsmanship among a group of students at play. At Peck, consideration of others is on display everywhere. Our acclaimed Individual Development and Community Responsibility Program, InDeCoRe, is a major part of this mission, guiding positive character development across our community.
- A Caring, Renowned Faculty
- Our teachers inspire, and are inspired by, their students every day. With an average of 18 years work experience, Peck faculty are experienced and skilled at helping your child succeed. Our faculty work individually and as part of teams to assess each student`s strengths and needs, help determine individual goals, and develop strategies for intellectual growth and personal development.
- A Focus on Technology
- We emphasize the use of technology throughout our curriculum. From computer lab classes for Kindergartners, to our one-to-one laptop program, to our campus-wide wireless network, to our state-of-the-art multimedia resources, we are recognized as a leader when it comes to infusing technology into the learning experience.
- An Emphasis on Life Skills and Traits
- The Life Skills and Traits program at Peck is one of our hallmarks, and is designed to develop, foster, and strengthen in each individual student traits necessary to succeed and thrive in today`s complex and challenging world. These areas include proficiency in public speaking, information literacy, real-world problem solving skills, and an awareness of what it means to be a responsible global citizen.And, more than anything, at Peck you will find a caring and supportive environment that celebrates the distinct talents, perspectives, and dreams of our students.
Profile last updated: 01/19/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MorristownGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
21 Cutler Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
- MorristownGrades: 6-12 | 571 students
70 Whippany Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
- MontclairGrades: PK-12 | 1037 students
201 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07042
- LivingstonGrades: 6-12 | 599 students
91 South Orange Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
- Basking RidgeGrades: K-12 | 1129 students
131 Martinsville Road
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
My daughter was in a small public school in Hunterdon County-a blue ribbon school. She entered Peck in 5th grade. She entered shy and quiet and 2 years later loved her new school. She is more forward and speaks up now. She wants to be there and everyone knows her and have supported her individually. The confidence has helped her achieve a high academic level, team spirit, ability to say what's on her mind. She is talking of her interests for further education and careers. Now her brother will join the 5th grade and I do expect to see a change from the exceptional focus of attention on him. Education should be an enlightenment filled with a drive for the betterment of all. We can relax as parents knowing g that they are given all the preparation needed.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Tremendous community of caring students, faculty, parents, and alumni. Proud to be a part of The Peck School
- Posted by Administrator - Chris Starr
We have two boys at Peck since kindergarten. They look forward going to school every day. Peck has a rigorous academics, fantastic teachers and a strong emphasis on character development. We are very happy and thankful to be part of the Peck community.
- Posted by Parent - Sharon M
Our family is proud to be a part of the Peck community. Our daughters are excited to go to school every day and feel right at home. Each of their teachers truly understands their individual personality and the best way to help them excel in both academics and other important life skills, including public speaking, collaboration, responsibility and respect. We believe that our children are challenged to be better people every day and have no doubt that Peck will prepare them for success in both high school and beyond.
- Posted by Parent - VHCepeda
We are in our 11th year at Peck and have had an amazing journey. Peck focuses on educating the whole child through academics AND character development. The personalized attention your child receives is noteworthy. Not only do the faculty work hard for your child but the entire staff including Officer Tim who makes sure each day that your child returns safely to your car.
- Posted by Parent - J. Patrick