The moment you enter through our doors, you will feel the magic of our school community.
Here, every student is known, celebrated and valued. Within every CDS scholar lies the potential for greatness.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 158 students
- Yearly Tuition: $32,000
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31 / Sep. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Language-based or Mild Learning Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Khakis, collared shirts, and no denim.
Khakis, collared shirts, and no denim.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 31 / Sep. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition varies by grade. Income-based tuition is also available.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
- The moment you enter through our doors, you will feel the magic of our school community. Here, every student is known, celebrated and valued. Within every CDS scholar lies the potential for greatness.
- In our academically ambitious environment, success is defined by a love of learning, a commitment to personal growth, and hard work. This is a place where students are learning incredible things without the pressure that so often describes a rigorous curriculum. Teachers at CDS understand that hidden talents and skills need to be discovered and nurtured through meaningful relationships and inspiring lessons. It is our philosophy that no ambition is too lofty when we work together as a caring community of learners.
- Our school is an independent, coeducational day school for Preschool 2s-Grade 8 students. The school boasts a culturally diverse environment and promotes both social and global awareness. Graduates of Chatham Day School have found great success at both boarding and local day schools, with the majority placing in advanced courses of study.
- Chatham Day School enrolls students from over thirty nearby communities and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools. CDS is also a proud member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Chatham Day School cost?
Chatham Day School's tuition is approximately $32,000 for private students.
What schools are Chatham Day School often compared to?
Chatham Day Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like The Peck School by visitors of our site.
What sports does Chatham Day School offer?
Chatham Day School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer and Track and Field.
When is the application deadline for Chatham Day School?
The application deadline for Chatham Day School is Jan. 31 / Sep. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 31 / Sep. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Chatham Day School as a choice for our son going in the 7th grade was one if our best life decisions. Today we are so happy we made that choice, the environment at CDS is just what he needed all day attention, small classroom size so focus on each child all the time, quality teaching and positive environment reflecting kindness and care for each child. The Principal is a superb leader with an infectious charisma shown to a child's parents. Recommend this as a school of choice for quality education and the perfect environment with teachers who have a passion for success.
CDS is a wonderful school. Our son was mostly bored at his local public school and frustrated by the rote learning that was a large part of the curriculum. At CDS, classes are academically rigorous, but they also emphasize creativity and collaboration. We were blown away by the instructional plan that was shared with us on back to school night. The teachers are caring and help to individualize learning. It is a true pleasure to see our son returning home every day with a smile on his face.
My two sons have benefited enormously from this wonderful, nurturing school. CDS does an excellent job fostering a love of learning, while making sure that each child learns at a pace that works for them. I have never been in a place with so many smiles and so many people, both students and teachers, who are truly happy to be there every day.
It's a friendly environment for both students and parents also the children will love the food at CDS, Chef Brian makes the best meals. I highly recommend this school.
Small class sizes, attention to the students' individual needs & devoted teachers makes Chatham Day School a special place to send your children! Two of our children are now thriving in different independent high schools because of the education they received at CDS, and we are so lucky that our third child is still there building a strong foundation!
I have been a Chatham Day School parent for eight years. I feel incredibly lucky that my three daughters have been able to attend such an extraordinary school. The students are academically challenged, emotionally nurtured, respected, and valued. You couldn't ask for a better PS-8 environment for your children. It is a very special place.
Our children have been at Chatham Day school for three years now and the one-on-one attention and customized learning is unparalleled. The kids are excelling thanks to the attention, support, care and concern they receive on a daily basis. They look forward to school each and every day!
I have three children at Chatham Day School and am grateful every day that we found such a wonderful school for them. My children run into school every single day with a huge smile on their faces because they are loved, nurtured, challenged, engaged and inspired by absolutely amazing teachers.
Our children are blossoming at CDS. They are academically challenged and nurtured in a very individualized way. Our 6th grader is learning leadership skills and participating on sports teams, and took a lead in the school play. Our 4th grader is learning wonderful math and science skills, and loves serving as a mentor to the younger grades. We are so grateful for this school.
My children are so happy there. They are learning so much and they hardly realise it! Its a joy to see them grow in such a wonderful environment.
Endorse Chatham Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.