Chatham Day School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- The moment you enter through our doors, you will feel the magic of our school community.
- Here, every student is known, celebrated and valued. Within every CDS scholar lies the potential for greatness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khakis, collared shirts, and no denim.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Sep. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade. Income-based tuition is also available.|
|Admissions Director||Kellen Kent|
|Admissions Associate||Sue Lark|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- The moment you enter through our doors, you will feel the magic of our school community. Here, every student is known, celebrated and valued. Within every CDS scholar lies the potential for greatness.
- In our academically ambitious environment, success is defined by a love of learning, a commitment to personal growth, and hard work. This is a place where students are learning incredible things without the pressure that so often describes a rigorous curriculum. Teachers at CDS understand that hidden talents and skills need to be discovered and nurtured through meaningful relationships and inspiring lessons. It is our philosophy that no ambition is too lofty when we work together as a caring community of learners.
- Our school is an independent, coeducational day school for Preschool 2s-Grade 8 students. The school boasts a culturally diverse environment and promotes both social and global awareness. Graduates of Chatham Day School have found great success at both boarding and local day schools, with the majority placing in advanced courses of study.
- Chatham Day School enrolls students from over thirty nearby communities and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools. CDS is also a proud member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denville Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
Denville, NJ 07834
(973)627-2606 9.6 PK-8
- Morris Plains Grades: PK-8 | 66 students
238 Speedwell Avenue
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
(973)539-7267 5.4 PK-8
- New Providence Grades: PK-8 | 230 students
99 South Street
New Providence, NJ 07974
(908)464-8657 3.7 PK-8
- Plainfield Grades: PK-5 | 141 students
401 Greenbrook Rd
Plainfield, NJ 07063
(908)561-5055 9.5 PK-5
- Scotch Plains Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
2032 Westfield Ave
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
(908)322-4265 7.2 PK-8
I have been a Chatham Day School parent for eight years. I feel incredibly lucky that my three daughters have been able to attend such an extraordinary school. The students are academically challenged, emotionally nurtured, respected, and valued. You couldn't ask for a better PS-8 environment for your children. It is a very special place.
- Posted by Parent - akell
Our children have been at Chatham Day school for three years now and the one-on-one attention and customized learning is unparalleled. The kids are excelling thanks to the attention, support, care and concern they receive on a daily basis. They look forward to school each and every day!
- Posted by Parent - susan
I have three children at Chatham Day School and am grateful every day that we found such a wonderful school for them. My children run into school every single day with a huge smile on their faces because they are loved, nurtured, challenged, engaged and inspired by absolutely amazing teachers.
- Posted by Parent - jaspe
Our children are blossoming at CDS. They are academically challenged and nurtured in a very individualized way. Our 6th grader is learning leadership skills and participating on sports teams, and took a lead in the school play. Our 4th grader is learning wonderful math and science skills, and loves serving as a mentor to the younger grades. We are so grateful for this school.
- Posted by Parent - mpask
My children are so happy there. They are learning so much and they hardly realise it! Its a joy to see them grow in such a wonderful environment.
- Posted by Parent - sally
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.