Chatham Day School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Chatham Day School is an independent, coeducational day school for 2.5 year olds through eighth grade students. Located on 15 beautiful acres in Chatham Township, CDS is a community of learners who believe that building character is just as important as building knowledge. The school benefits from a culturally diverse environment and promotes social and global awareness. Daily physical education and related arts classes complement the mathematics, English, science and history courses of study. Chatham Day School enrolls students from over thirty nearby communities, and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, NJAIS, and is a member of NAIS.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||171 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khakis, collared shirts, and no denim.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Sep. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade. Income-based tuition is available.|
|Admissions Director||Kellen Kent|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
- An application, teacher recommendation, and transcripts from current and past schools are required. We will then schedule an admission visit during a school day. Standarized testing is not required.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denville Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
Denville, NJ 07834
(973)627-2606 9.6 PK-8
- Morris Plains Grades: PK-8 | 66 students
238 Speedwell Avenue
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
(973)539-7267 5.4 PK-8
- New Providence Grades: PK-8 | 230 students
99 South Street
New Providence, NJ 07974
(908)464-8657 3.7 PK-8
- Plainfield Grades: PK-5 | 141 students
401 Greenbrook Rd
Plainfield, NJ 07063
(908)561-5055 9.5 PK-5
- Scotch Plains Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
2032 Westfield Ave
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
(908)322-4265 7.2 PK-8
I have been a Chatham Day School parent for eight years. I feel incredibly lucky that my three daughters have been able to attend such an extraordinary school. The students are academically challenged, emotionally nurtured, respected, and valued. You couldn't ask for a better PS-8 environment for your children. It is a very special place.
- Posted by Parent - akell
Our children have been at Chatham Day school for three years now and the one-on-one attention and customized learning is unparalleled. The kids are excelling thanks to the attention, support, care and concern they receive on a daily basis. They look forward to school each and every day!
- Posted by Parent - susan
I have three children at Chatham Day School and am grateful every day that we found such a wonderful school for them. My children run into school every single day with a huge smile on their faces because they are loved, nurtured, challenged, engaged and inspired by absolutely amazing teachers.
- Posted by Parent - jaspe
Our children are blossoming at CDS. They are academically challenged and nurtured in a very individualized way. Our 6th grader is learning leadership skills and participating on sports teams, and took a lead in the school play. Our 4th grader is learning wonderful math and science skills, and loves serving as a mentor to the younger grades. We are so grateful for this school.
- Posted by Parent - mpask
My children are so happy there. They are learning so much and they hardly realise it! Its a joy to see them grow in such a wonderful environment.
- Posted by Parent - sally
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.