- Sundance school creates a safe environment that promotes a sense of security, trust and acceptance, children are able to grow socially, emotionally and academically.
- We celebrate childhood at Sundance Pre-School and strive to promote early childhood activities that will foster a true love of learning and prepare our students for success when they enter kindergarten.
- The curriculum is a creative one, based on a hands-on approach.
- Each child will be encouraged to make choices and become self-directed.
- We use a thematic teaching technique, strongly supported by exceptional literature.
- The children will take part in writing and illustrating of classroom books that will be shared by all families.
- They will engage in many offerings: blocks, dramatic play, art, dance, housekeeping, music, creative movement and the development of pre-reading, writing, math and science skills.
- We welcome parent volunteers in our school. Helping will assist us in making our on-going field trips and special activities successful.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Benjamin Fox|
|Admissions Associate||Monica Chalwa|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WestfieldGrades: PK-8 | 358 students
336 1st Street
Westfield, NJ 07090
- New ProvidenceGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
99 South Street
New Providence, NJ 07974
- Scotch PlainsGrades: PK-8 | 218 students
2032 Westfield Ave
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
- ChathamGrades: NS-8 | 171 students
700 Shunpike Road
Chatham, NJ 07928