The Academy of Our Lady of Peace
- The Academy of Our Lady of Peace is a private, Catholic school with students in grades Pre-K3 through 8, located in New Providence, New Jersey in the Archdiocese of Newark.
- Founded in 1954, The Academy of Our Lady of Peace offers its students a top quality education in a faith-based environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia and mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,800|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts may apply for parishioners and families with multiple children.|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Joel A. Castillo Ed.S|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Danielle Mollo|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Enrichment K-8, Cub Scouts, Forensics Team, Girl Scouts, Instrumental Music, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper Club, School Youth Choir, Student Ambassadors, Student Council Government|
Club or Organization:
Robotics Team, Yearbook Clu
- Academy Excellence!
- - We are consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the Archdiocese of Newark with standardized test scores well above the national and local percentiles.
- - Our graduates attend the most prestigious preparatory high schools.
- - Personalized, nurturing and individualized instruction provided by an outstanding faculty with low student to faculty ratio.
- - We offer a full day Kindergarten and full day and half day Pre-K 3 & 4 year-old programs.
- - State of the art Science and Computer labs enhance our student learning.
- - Before Care and After Care available on school premises.
- The Academy Extras!
- - The latest technology
- - Spanish Language Instruction
- - Latin Instruction for grades 7 & 8
- - Technology advanced Science lab
- - Special Services through Union County include: ESL, Speech Therapy, Basic Skills, and Child Study Team Testing
- Our extra curricular activities include:
- - Basketball, Volleyball, Track & Field, and Cross Country
- - Instumental Music
- - Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- - Robotics Team
- -Student Council Government
- - Forensics
- - Yearbook
- Visit our website at www.TheAcademyOLP.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomfield Grades: PK-K | 97 students
1255 Broad St
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(973)835-1848 14.8 PK-K
- Denville Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
Denville, NJ 07834
(973)627-2606 13.3 PK-8
- Eatontown Grades: NS-12 | 705 students
235 Hope Road
Eatontown, NJ 07724
(732)542-4777 32.2 NS-12