The Academy of Our Lady of Peace
Tel: (908) 464-8657
The Academy of Our Lady of Peace is a private, National Blue Ribbon (2017) Catholic school with students in grades Pre-K3 through grade 8, located in New Providence, New Jersey in the Archdiocese of Newark.
Founded in 1954, The Academy of Our Lady of Peace offers its students a top quality education in a faith-based environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia and mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms - Boys, Khaki pants, white shirt, tie and vest. Girls K-4 wear jumpers, grades 5 -8 shirts, white blouses with vests)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,300|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts may apply for parishioners and families with multiple children. Different rates for preschool program. Please inquire within.|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Joel A. Castillo Ed.S|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Danielle Mollo|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Cub Scouts, Forensics Team, Girl Scouts, National Junior Honor Society, Robotics Team, Student Ambassadors, Student Council Government, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Instrumental Music, School Youth Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
After School Enrichment K-8
- Academy Excellence!
- - We are consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the Archdiocese of Newark with standardized test scores well above the national and local percentiles.
- - Our graduates attend the most prestigious preparatory high schools.
- - Personalized, nurturing and individualized instruction provided by an outstanding faculty with low student to faculty ratio.
- - We offer a full day Kindergarten and full day and half day Pre-K 3 & 4 year-old programs.
- - State of the art Science and Computer labs enhance our student learning.
- - Before Care and After Care available on school premises.
- The Academy Extras!
- - The latest technology including a Maker Space Room and Robotics
- - STREAM intergration for all grade levels
- - Spanish Language Instruction for PK 3 to grade 8
- - Latin Instruction for grades 7 & 8
- - Technology advanced Science lab
- - Special Services through Union County include: ESL, Speech Therapy, Basic Skills, and Child Study Team Testing
- Our extra curricular activities include:
- - Basketball, Volleyball, Track & Field, and Cross Country
- - Instumental Music
- - Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- - Robotics Team
- -Student Council Government
- - Forensics
- - Yearbook
- - Choir
- - Performing Arts, Spring Musical
- Visit our website at www.TheAcademyOLP.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomfield Grades: PK-K | 45 students
1255 Broad St
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(973) 338-8300 14.8 PK-K
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.