The Academy of Our Lady of Peace
- The Academy of Our Lady of Peace is a private, Catholic school with students in grades Pre-K3 through 8, located in New Providence, New Jersey in the Archdiocese of Newark.
- Founded in 1954, The Academy of Our Lady of Peace offers its students a top quality education in a faith-based environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia and mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,800|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts may apply for parishioners and families with multiple children.|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Joel A. Castillo Ed.S|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Danielle Mollo|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Enrichment K-8, Cub Scouts, Forensics Team, Girl Scouts, Instrumental Music, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper Club, School Youth Choir, Student Ambassadors, Student Council Government|
Club or Organization:
Robotics Team, Yearbook Clu
- Academy Excellence!
- - We are consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the Archdiocese of Newark with standardized test scores well above the national and local percentiles.
- - Our graduates attend the most prestigious preparatory high schools.
- - Personalized, nurturing and individualized instruction provided by an outstanding faculty with low student to faculty ratio.
- - We offer a full day Kindergarten and full day and half day Pre-K 3 & 4 year-old programs.
- - State of the art Science and Computer labs enhance our student learning.
- - Before Care and After Care available on school premises.
- The Academy Extras!
- - The latest technology
- - Spanish Language Instruction
- - Latin Instruction for grades 7 & 8
- - Technology advanced Science lab
- - Special Services through Union County include: ESL, Speech Therapy, Basic Skills, and Child Study Team Testing
- Our extra curricular activities include:
- - Basketball, Volleyball, Track & Field, and Cross Country
- - Instumental Music
- - Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- - Robotics Team
- -Student Council Government
- - Forensics
- - Yearbook
- Visit our website at www.TheAcademyOLP.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WestfieldGrades: PK-8 | 358 students
336 1st Street
Westfield, NJ 07090
- PlainfieldGrades: PK-5 | 353 students
401 Greenbrook Rd
Plainfield, NJ 07063
- SummitGrades: PK-12 | 633 students
42 Norwood Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
- ChathamGrades: NS-8 | 171 students
700 Shunpike Road
Chatham, NJ 07928
- SummitGrades: K-12 | 549 students
44 Blackburn Rd
Summit, NJ 07901
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.