The Academy of Our Lady of Peace
- The Academy of Our Lady of Peace is a private, Catholic school with students in grades Pre-K3 through 8, located in New Providence, New Jersey in the Archdiocese of Newark.
- Founded in 1954, The Academy of Our Lady of Peace offers its students a top quality education in a faith-based environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia and mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,800|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts may apply for parishioners and families with multiple children.|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Joel A. Castillo Ed.S|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Danielle Mollo|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Enrichment K-8, Cub Scouts, Forensics Team, Girl Scouts, Instrumental Music, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper Club, School Youth Choir, Student Ambassadors, Student Council Government|
Club or Organization:
Robotics Team, Yearbook Clu
- Academy Excellence!
- - We are consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the Archdiocese of Newark with standardized test scores well above the national and local percentiles.
- - Our graduates attend the most prestigious preparatory high schools.
- - Personalized, nurturing and individualized instruction provided by an outstanding faculty with low student to faculty ratio.
- - We offer a full day Kindergarten and full day and half day Pre-K 3 & 4 year-old programs.
- - State of the art Science and Computer labs enhance our student learning.
- - Before Care and After Care available on school premises.
- The Academy Extras!
- - The latest technology
- - Spanish Language Instruction
- - Latin Instruction for grades 7 & 8
- - Technology advanced Science lab
- - Special Services through Union County include: ESL, Speech Therapy, Basic Skills, and Child Study Team Testing
- Our extra curricular activities include:
- - Basketball, Volleyball, Track & Field, and Cross Country
- - Instumental Music
- - Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- - Robotics Team
- -Student Council Government
- - Forensics
- - Yearbook
- Visit our website at www.TheAcademyOLP.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomfield Grades: PK-K | 97 students
1255 Broad St
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(973)835-1848 14.8 PK-K
- Denville Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
Denville, NJ 07834
(973)627-2606 13.3 PK-8
- Eatontown Grades: NS-12 | 705 students
235 Hope Road
Eatontown, NJ 07724
(732)542-4777 32.2 NS-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.