St Bartholomew Academy
- St. Bartholomew Interparochial School (SBIS) is a Catholic elementary school with grades pre-Kindergarten through eight.
- The school was founded in 1950 in response to a need to provide a Catholic education for the children of the newly established parish of St. Bartholomew the Apostle.
- St. Bartholomew Interparochial School is dedicated to offering students the opportunity of growing in the faith, of accepting its values, and of living the principle of truth, charity, and Christian hope.
- In this environment, students are encouraged to strive for their maximum academic potential.
- The administrators and faculty, with the cooperation of parents, seek to educate the students towards a Christian vision of the human person, the world, and learning.
- This will lead them to live as responsible and participating citizens in a democratic society.
- Guided by these principles, St. Bartholomew Interparochial School aims to provide the means for students to develop self-esteem, considering themselves and others as individuals with God given gifts; foster an intellectual and creative atmosphere for academic achievement guided by Gospel values; encourage an appreciation for creative and original thought as a part of the aesthetic experience in the education of the whole child; and guide the students toward the Christian values necessary for responsible and generous stewardship to the Church and the community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed St Bartholomew Academy also viewed these schools: St Michael Parish School, St Michael School, Kent Place School, Oak Knoll School Of The Holy Child (All Girls 7-12) and Holy Holy Trinity.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Union Grades: PK-8 | 376 students
1212 Kelly St
Union, NJ 07083
(908)688-1063 7.2 PK-8
- Summit Grades: 7-12 | 308 students
44 Blackburn Road
Summit, NJ 07901
(908)522-8109 4.5 7-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.