St Bartholomew Academy
Tel: (908) 322-4265
- St. Bartholomew Interparochial School (SBIS) is a Catholic elementary school with grades pre-Kindergarten through eight.
- The school was founded in 1950 in response to a need to provide a Catholic education for the children of the newly established parish of St. Bartholomew the Apostle.
- St. Bartholomew Interparochial School is dedicated to offering students the opportunity of growing in the faith, of accepting its values, and of living the principle of truth, charity, and Christian hope.
- In this environment, students are encouraged to strive for their maximum academic potential.
- The administrators and faculty, with the cooperation of parents, seek to educate the students towards a Christian vision of the human person, the world, and learning.
- This will lead them to live as responsible and participating citizens in a democratic society.
- Guided by these principles, St. Bartholomew Interparochial School aims to provide the means for students to develop self-esteem, considering themselves and others as individuals with God given gifts; foster an intellectual and creative atmosphere for academic achievement guided by Gospel values; encourage an appreciation for creative and original thought as a part of the aesthetic experience in the education of the whole child; and guide the students toward the Christian values necessary for responsible and generous stewardship to the Church and the community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed St Bartholomew Academy also viewed these schools: St Michael School, St Michael Parish School, Kent Place School, Oak Knoll School Of The Holy Child (All Girls 7-12) and Holy Trinity.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Union Grades: PK-8 | 351 students
1212 Kelly St
Union, NJ 07083
(908) 688-1063 7.2 PK-8
- Summit Grades: 7-12 | 308 students
44 Blackburn Road
Summit, NJ 07901
(908) 522-8109 4.5 7-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?