Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child (Lower School)
5.00 (1 review)
- Warm greetings. Enthusiastic students. Caring adults. Inspired learning. Healthy challenges.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||234 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Mar. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit www.oakknoll.org for up-to-date tuition rates.|
|Admissions Director||Alisia Nolan|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After-School Adventures, Book Club, Club 4 Change, Culture Club, Engineering Club, Maker Club, Math Club, Rosary Club, School Newspaper, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Dance, Drama
- Our founder, Cornelia Connelly, was strongly committed to coeducation for younger students from pre-kindergarten to grade 6, believing that boys and girls learn best together at an early age. Our Lower School offers your family a unique blend of a strong academic program that challenges students` abilities, a rich curriculum that allows students to express themselves, and a supportive and safe environment that enables students to grow as articulate, confident and caring children. Our belief is to educate the whole child: aesthetically, intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually. Within a faith-based setting, our Lower School children learn a respect for all others and "doing the right thing," and an appreciation that God is central in their lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hillside Grades: K-8 | 27 students
1500 Maple Ave
Hillside, NJ 07205
(973)923-7568 7.6 K-8
- Union Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
970 Suburban Road
Union, NJ 07083
(908)687-8415 6.2 PK-8
We chose Oak Knoll for our family of three girls... not because it was Catholic, or because it was all girls, but because it felt right from the second we walked on to campus. However, it didn't take long before we understood the value of a Catholic School education and developed an appreciation for the single sex environment. What a great place for our children to grow. As parents we take some credit for raising great kids, but we share the credit with Oak Knoll as well.
- Posted by Parent - laura
Nearby Homes for Sale
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?