Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child (Lower School)
5.00 (1 review)
- Warm greetings. Enthusiastic students. Caring adults. Inspired learning. Healthy challenges. This is what you can expect to see when you visit Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child, a private Catholic coeducational elementary school in Summit, New Jersey.
- For so many reasons, this is a special place.
- We offer a dynamic program of study. We celebrate individuality, creativity, physical capability and service.
- We prepare children to meet the wants of the age and, above all, we put God at the center of everything.
- Our founder, Cornelia Connelly, famously prayed, "Give me, O Lord, a love full of action." Her prayer still inspires and defines us today.We invite you and your child to experience our "love full of action" firsthand.
- We have no doubt you`ll feel right at home, right away.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||234 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit www.oakknoll.org for up-to-date tuition rates.|
|Admissions Associate||Pat Barry|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
- Our founder, Cornelia Connelly, was strongly committed to coeducation for younger students from kindergarten to grade 6, believing that boys and girls learn best together at an early age. Our Lower School offers your family a unique blend of a strong academic program that challenges students` abilities, a rich curriculum that allows students to express themselves, and a supportive and safe environment that enables students to grow as articulate, confident and caring children. Our belief is to educate the whole child: aesthetically, intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually. Within a faith-based setting, our Lower School children learn a respect for all others and "doing the right thing," and an appreciation that God is central in their lives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WestfieldGrades: PK-8 | 358 students
336 1st Street
Westfield, NJ 07090
HillsideGrades: PK-8 | 66 students
1500 Maple Ave
Hillside, NJ 07205
UnionGrades: PK-8 | 239 students
970 Suburban Road
Union, NJ 07083
We chose Oak Knoll for our family of three girls... not because it was Catholic, or because it was all girls, but because it felt right from the second we walked on to campus. However, it didn't take long before we understood the value of a Catholic School education and developed an appreciation for the single sex environment. What a great place for our children to grow. As parents we take some credit for raising great kids, but we share the credit with Oak Knoll as well.
- Posted by Parent - laura
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?