Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child (Lower School)
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Warm greetings. Enthusiastic students. Caring adults. Inspired learning. Healthy challenges.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||234 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Mar. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit www.oakknoll.org for up-to-date tuition rates.|
|Admissions Director||Alisia Nolan|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After-School Adventures, Book Club, Club 4 Change, Culture Club, Engineering Club, Maker Club, Math Club, Rosary Club, School Newspaper, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Dance, Drama
- Our founder, Cornelia Connelly, was strongly committed to coeducation for younger students from pre-kindergarten to grade 6, believing that boys and girls learn best together at an early age. Our Lower School offers your family a unique blend of a strong academic program that challenges students` abilities, a rich curriculum that allows students to express themselves, and a supportive and safe environment that enables students to grow as articulate, confident and caring children. Our belief is to educate the whole child: aesthetically, intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually. Within a faith-based setting, our Lower School children learn a respect for all others and "doing the right thing," and an appreciation that God is central in their lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hillside Grades: K-8 | 27 students
1500 Maple Ave
Hillside, NJ 07205
(973)923-7568 7.6 K-8
- Union Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
970 Suburban Road
Union, NJ 07083
(908)687-8415 6.2 PK-8
We've been Oak Knoll parents for the past 17 years and cannot be happier with the educational experience the school has offered our 5 children, all of whom have graduated from the Oak Knoll Lower School. They've been creatively engaged and motivated across the board and are confidently prepared for success in this dynamic world. More importantly Oak Knoll has become a part of our family's culture, defining a moral and spiritual basis from which we've grown together. OKS offers a challenging and modern curriculum in a nurturing and creative environment.
- Posted by Parent - 5 Graduates!
We chose Oak Knoll for our family of three girls... not because it was Catholic, or because it was all girls, but because it felt right from the second we walked on to campus. However, it didn't take long before we understood the value of a Catholic School education and developed an appreciation for the single sex environment. What a great place for our children to grow. As parents we take some credit for raising great kids, but we share the credit with Oak Knoll as well.
- Posted by Parent - laura
Nearby Homes for Sale
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.