5.00 (1 review)
- Sprout House provides a home-like setting in which happy and inquisitive children develop positive and eager attitudes toward school.
- We foster a planetary consciousness that embraces environmental beauty and preservation.
- At the same time, we cultivate an awareness that all children deserve participation in societies where people can sustain themselves and live healthful, stimulating and fulfilling lives.
- Our nature program includes daily exposure to school yard habitats, including the woods, along with developmentally appropriate field trips.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on number of days and number of extended care hours. It ranges from $300 to $1435 per month.|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school is Oak Knoll School Of The Holy Child (All Girls 7-12) (1.9 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is The Montessori Children's Academy (0.2 miles away)
- The nearest preschool is The Montessori Children's Academy (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChathamGrades: PK-K | 169 students
286 Main St
Chatham, NJ 07928
- ChathamGrades: K-12 | 200 students
21 Lum Ave
Chatham, NJ 07928
- ChathamGrades: PK-8
45 Chatham St
Chatham, NJ 07928
- SummitGrades: 7-12 | 278 students
1 Beverly Rd
Summit, NJ 07901
- Florham ParkGrades: PK-KG | 73 students
88 Brooklake Rd
Florham Park, NJ 07932
Sprout House is an amazing school. I myself attended there as a child and still remember it like yesterday. The environment encourages you to be creative and to have fun, but also incorporates politeness and the ability to learn and problem-solve. The teachers are amazing and attentive to every child's needs. From a young age everyone learns to value each other and the world around them. There are fun games such as dress-up, pick-up sticks, and checkers, but there is also story time in which you learn about famous artists and ancient legends and myths. The children there are immediately encouraged to connect with nature and to empathize with others, as well as to obtain good hygiene and to eat healthily and enjoy learning and school as a whole. You also spend much of your time outdoors if the weather permits, and the field trips that the kids go on are creative, fun, and educational all at the same time. I made friends at Sprout House that i still know today, and i remember all the teachers like old friends. Sprout House prepares children for the real world, but makes sure to do it in an enjoyable and fun manner in which the students learn to stay positive and think logically, but still have fun and relax. Overall, I would give Sprout House easily five stars, and recommend it to anyone who wants their child to have a homey environment with a lot of positive encouragement and intellectual training, including reading, writing, music, grammar, science, math, history, and art.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alexb
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.