5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (973) 635-9658
- Sprout House provides a home-like setting in which happy and inquisitive children develop positive and eager attitudes toward school.
- We foster a planetary consciousness that embraces environmental beauty and preservation.
- At the same time, we cultivate an awareness that all children deserve participation in societies where people can sustain themselves and live healthful, stimulating and fulfilling lives.
- Our nature program includes daily exposure to school yard habitats, including the woods, along with developmentally appropriate field trips.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on number of days and number of extended care hours. It ranges from $300 to $1435 per month.|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chatham Grades: PK-K | 131 students
286 Main Street
Chatham, NJ 07928
(973) 665-0071 0.2 PK-K
- Chatham Grades: NS-PK
45 Main St
Chatham, NJ 07928
(973) 635-0009 0.4 NS-PK
- Chatham Grades: 2-12 | 160 students
21 Lum Ave
Chatham, NJ 07928
(973) 635-1700 0.4 2-12
Sprout House is an amazing school. I myself attended there as a child and still remember it like yesterday. The environment encourages you to be creative and to have fun, but also incorporates politeness and the ability to learn and problem-solve. The teachers are amazing and attentive to every child's needs. From a young age everyone learns to value each other and the world around them. There are fun games such as dress-up, pick-up sticks, and checkers, but there is also story time in which you learn about famous artists and ancient legends and myths. The children there are immediately encouraged to connect with nature and to empathize with others, as well as to obtain good hygiene and to eat healthily and enjoy learning and school as a whole. You also spend much of your time outdoors if the weather permits, and the field trips that the kids go on are creative, fun, and educational all at the same time. I made friends at Sprout House that i still know today, and i remember all the teachers like old friends. Sprout House prepares children for the real world, but makes sure to do it in an enjoyable and fun manner in which the students learn to stay positive and think logically, but still have fun and relax. Overall, I would give Sprout House easily five stars, and recommend it to anyone who wants their child to have a homey environment with a lot of positive encouragement and intellectual training, including reading, writing, music, grammar, science, math, history, and art.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alexb
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?