The Forum School
- The Forum School is a private, non-profit, non-sectarian day program for developmentally atypical children through 16 years of age.
- The Forum School offers a therapeutic educational environment for children who cannot be accommodated in a public school setting.
- Psycho-educational and behavioral techniques are utilized along with a structured, developmentally stimulating curriculum appropriate to each student's level.
- Classes, which are ungraded, are small, with a ratio of at least one adult for every two children.
- Teachers, administrators, and consulting staff collaborate with the student's parents and Child Study Team to develop an Individualized Educational Program for each Forum School student, geared to his/her particular needs.
- The Forum School is in session from September through June, and an optional state-approved summer day program is held in July.
- Several sleepaway programs are also offered. Four children, ranging in age from four to seven years, pioneered this first class.
- As the school became known, more and more families applied for services.
- Student enrollment grew, as did the staff. The school occupied a number of different sites until the current quarters were completed in 1970.
- The population has continued to expand, necessitating several additions and renovations to accommodate ever-increasing requests for service.
- From the beginning, The Forum School's very existence has depended on the commitment and dedication of interested people in the community whose fundraising efforts resulted in the creation of The Forum School Foundation in 1963.
- While tuitions supply revenues for the basic day-to-day operation of The Forum School, the Foundation has underwritten capital improvements and special projects that enrich our programming.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
People that viewed The Forum School also viewed these schools: Bergen Center For Child Development, Sage Day Schools, @ Rochelle Park; @ Mahwah; @Boonton, David Gregory School and Chatham Day School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HaworthGrades: K-12 | 80 students
140 Park St
Haworth, NJ 07641
Rochelle ParkGrades: 4-12 | 186 students
295 Rochelle Ave
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662
ParamusGrades: UG | 29 students
347 N Farview Ave
Paramus, NJ 07652
ChathamGrades: NS-8 | 192 students
700 Shunpike Road
Chatham, NJ 07928