Bergen Center For Child Development
- Bergen Center for Child Development was founded by parents as a non-profit school for the disabled in August 1968.
- Since then, BCCD has continued to offer quality programming for multiply disabled students, aged 5-21, from the local counties of northern New Jersey.
- A comprehensive academic school program is designed to meet the needs of students with both behavioral and cognitive needs.
- A token economy, social skills training and cognitive therapy are provided to ensure student`s success, administered by certified school psychologist and social worker. The school has an extensive transition programs and an extended school year program is available for enrolled students, as well as those from other programs. Instruction is IEP driven, and all related services are provided accordingly.
- On-going program and student assessment is essential to meeting the needs of our students. Contact your school district`s child study team for enrollment procedures.
Bergen Center For Child Development places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other school association(s)
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||cognition, behaviors, learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Tuition paid by your local board of education|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition paid by your local board of education.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jon Sinclair|
|Admissions Associate||Darsy Rodriguez|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, CheeringBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Rotary Interact Club
- To provide the kind of atmosphere and learning experience that enables each student to realize his or her maximum potential while maintaining the optimum level of self worth.
- We strive to provide an educational program that allows students to develop their individual potential. We believe that every child can become a vital member of the community. We use an interdisciplinary approach to education and design individual programs according to the developmental level of each student. Behavior programs are embedded in the learning environment. Students are encouraged to make connections with friends, the staff and community members. Our program provides the opportunity for every student to celebrate the thrill of success every day.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waldwick Grades: K-12 | 81 students
107 Wyckoff Ave
Waldwick, NJ 07463
(201) 444-5882 8 K-12
- Paramus Grades: PK-12 | 35 students
777 Paramus Rd
Paramus, NJ 07652
(201) 612-7800 5.3 PK-12
- Paramus Grades: Inquire with school | 32 students
347 N Farview Ave
Paramus, NJ 07652
(201) 967-9772 3.8 Inquire with school
- Rochelle Park Grades: 9-12 | 91 students
295 Rochelle Ave
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662
(201) 843-3800 5.9 9-12
Amazing school! Bergen Center has turned my daughter's life around. She isn't acting out anymore and she actually loves to go to school! The teachers are wonderful and have made incredible progress with her. For the first time she has friends at school. Everyone is so caring and hard working. It really is like a family there.
- Posted by Parent - Sarap
My son had completely shut down at his previous school. He stopped trying or caring and hated going to school. His behaviors were getting increasingly aggressive and defiant both at home and at school until he started attending Bergen Center for Child Development. I am amazed at how quickly my son has found himself again. He is confident and eager to learn again. He no longer is bullied and has been warmly welcomed and accepted by his peers. The small ratio of students to teachers is a huge plus as well. I know my son is getting the individual attention and instruction that he really needs and is truly thriving at Bergen Center! A hidden gem right in Bergen County! So happy we found this school.
- Posted by Parent - volli