Queen Of Peace Grammar School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (201) 998-8222
Queen of Peace Grammar School is a Catholic school (Pre-K 3 to Grade 8) located in Southern Bergen County, New Jersey, within the Archdiocese of Newark.
QPGS maintains an enrollment of about 300 students and is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Through a rigorous, faith based education, Queen of Peace seeks to produce globally minded, technically literate, and morally founded students, equipped to meet the challenges of a diverse and dynamic society. QPGS provides a safe, nurturing, and value-rich environment.
We offer North Arlington families (as well as the families from surrounding communities) the life-long benefits of a Catholic education. We are proud to offer: -Yearly Pre-School program for 3 and 4 year olds -Daily Hot Lunch program with healthy choices and student favorites -Teacher-supervised Before and After Care program (7 AM to 6 PM) -An active CYO program with many sports as well as social events -An active Home School Association that unites parents and teachers in a variety of social as well as fundraising events.
-Yearly field Trips to enhance the curriculum and educational experiences -Many extracurricular activities: -Student Council -Safety Patrol - Robotics-Band -National Junior Honor Society -Instrumental / Voice Lessons -Audition Choir -Battle of the Books -Science Club -Chess/Checkers Club -Art Club - Peer Tutoring-Math Club.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Queen of Peace provides learning experiences in a Catholic environment that will assist the students in their spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development. Our program of instruction is designed so that students can achieve the following goals:
- Grow in understanding that each person has a role in the final realization of the Kingdom of God on earth.
- Learn about the message and person of Jesus Christ and the history, doctrine, and practices of the Catholic Church.
- Develop moral and spiritual values, ethical standards of conduct, and basic integrity.
- Develop a spirit of prayer, worship, and interest in apostolic service.
- Acquire the skills and knowledge that will enable them to assume a positive, active role in shaping the future of our society.
- Develop an appreciation of the uniqueness and diversity of human culture.
- Develop a respect for the rights of others as individuals and groups.
- Develop appreciation for the heritage, responsibilities, and privileges of the American society.
- The rigorous curriculum at Queen of Peace Grammar School is fully aligned with New Jersey Common Core Curriculum Standards for Education. Our educational plan includes:
- -Fully certified, experienced teachers
- -Weekly Art, Music, World Language
- -Physical Education
- -Computer/Library and D.A.R.E. classes
- -Complete computer lab as well as classroom use of Internet (SMART Boards,iPads and Laptops)
- -Albertus Magnus Science Room
- -Resource Room for all IEP students
- -Participation in many school as well as local competitions (Spelling Bees,Geography Bees, Poster/Essay Contests,Art,STEM Fair/Social Studies Fairs)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomfield Grades: PK-K | 45 students
1255 Broad St
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(973) 338-8300 4 PK-K
- Bloomfield Grades: NS-8 | 272 students
50 Byrd Ave
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(973) 338-8505 3.9 NS-8
- Montclair Grades: PK-12 | 1054 students
201 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07042
(973) 746-9800 5.2 PK-12
QPGS provides a strong academic and faith-based foundation for all students, starting as early as pre-K. Class sizes allow each child to receive appropriate one-on-one attention. Teachers, staff, and parents create a sense of community where kids are safe and also feel loved. Highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - CM
I highly recommend QPGS !!! My son has been in QPGS since PreK4. My son is currently in 8th grade. This school has helped my child succeed on many levels. He is an excellent student because of the discipline and skills he was taught. There are many clubs and after school activities as well !!
- Posted by Parent - Zira7
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.