Raintree Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (785) 843-6800
- Founded in 1978 in a vacant church building surrounded by green fields and grazing cattle, Raintree is a private school which implements the Montessori philosophy of education.
- Raintree offers half, extended and full-day classes for children ages 3-6 years.
- In 1986 a full-day toddler class was added for children 18 months to age 3.
- In 1992 Raintree expanded its program to included the elementary child, and now offers an ungraded Montessori elementary program for children ages 6-12.
- In addition to the regular program, Raintree offers a summer camp for both Raintree students and those in Lawrence and surrounding communities.
- Raintree's Toddler Community and Children's Houses are licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lawrence Grades: NS-8 | 308 students
6001 Bob Billings Pkwy
Lawrence, KS 66049
(785) 331-3374 1.8 NS-8
- Lawrence Grades: PK-K | 25 students
1900 University Dr
Lawrence, KS 66044
(785) 843-7577 2.5 PK-K
I love this school and what it has provided for my child. He has such a strong sense of community, responsibility, care and compassion for his classmates and school. He is learning to LOVE learning and thriving in all aspects of his social, emotional, and academic needs. The teachers respect the students and in turn, the students respect them and others around them. I highly recommend Raintree--I can not imagine my child anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - aniss
I had three daughters who attended Raintree Montessori school and they learned organization, cooperation, and a love of reading. I liked their math sequence and universal integration of scholastic themes. i recommend Raintree Montessori to clients, family, and friends.
- Posted by Parent - ilove
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?