- Founded in 1978 in a vacant church building surrounded by green fields and grazing cattle, Raintree is a private school which implements the Montessori philosophy of education.
- Raintree offers half, extended and full-day classes for children ages 3-6 years.
- In 1986 a full-day toddler class was added for children 18 months to age 3.
- In 1992 Raintree expanded its program to included the elementary child, and now offers an ungraded Montessori elementary program for children ages 6-12.
- In addition to the regular program, Raintree offers a summer camp for both Raintree students and those in Lawrence and surrounding communities.
- Raintree's Toddler Community and Children's Houses are licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Overland ParkGrades: PK-K | 71 students
6800 W 80th St
Overland Park, KS 66204
LawrenceGrades: PK-KG | 27 students
1900 University Dr
Lawrence, KS 66044
I love this school and what it has provided for my child. He has such a strong sense of community, responsibility, care and compassion for his classmates and school. He is learning to LOVE learning and thriving in all aspects of his social, emotional, and academic needs. The teachers respect the students and in turn, the students respect them and others around them. I highly recommend Raintree--I can not imagine my child anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - aniss
I had three daughters who attended Raintree Montessori school and they learned organization, cooperation, and a love of reading. I liked their math sequence and universal integration of scholastic themes. i recommend Raintree Montessori to clients, family, and friends.
- Posted by Parent - ilove
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.