Raintree Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1978 in a vacant church building surrounded by green fields and grazing cattle, Raintree is a private school which implements the Montessori philosophy of education.
- Raintree offers half, extended and full-day classes for children ages 3-6 years.
- In 1986 a full-day toddler class was added for children 18 months to age 3.
- In 1992 Raintree expanded its program to included the elementary child, and now offers an ungraded Montessori elementary program for children ages 6-12.
- In addition to the regular program, Raintree offers a summer camp for both Raintree students and those in Lawrence and surrounding communities.
- Raintree's Toddler Community and Children's Houses are licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lawrence Grades: NS-8 | 308 students
6001 Bob Billings Pkwy
Lawrence, KS 66049
(785)331-3374 1.8 NS-8
- Lawrence Grades: PK | 64 students
1900 University Dr
Lawrence, KS 66044
(785)843-7577 2.5 PK
I love this school and what it has provided for my child. He has such a strong sense of community, responsibility, care and compassion for his classmates and school. He is learning to LOVE learning and thriving in all aspects of his social, emotional, and academic needs. The teachers respect the students and in turn, the students respect them and others around them. I highly recommend Raintree--I can not imagine my child anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - aniss
I had three daughters who attended Raintree Montessori school and they learned organization, cooperation, and a love of reading. I liked their math sequence and universal integration of scholastic themes. i recommend Raintree Montessori to clients, family, and friends.
- Posted by Parent - ilove
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.