Renton Prep Christian: Microsoft's First US K-12 Flagship School Participant
Renton Prep is a private Christian-based school made up of students from Kindergarten Prep through 10th grade.
As an intentional MicroSchool, it serves 160 competitively selected students from 26 nations and 12 faith traditions. Its diverse community of researchers and learners reflects our unified commitment to offering a globally connected, researched-based learning environment with an emphasis in STEM and Fine Arts.
Renton Prep is the first and only K-12 school in the U.S. to be named a Microsoft Flagship School, of which there are only 17 in the world. This aids faculty in implementing evidence-based cirriculum and provides students with the opportunity to collaborate with students & professionals from all over the globe.
It is a learner-centered, digital device blended learning environment known for its research-based implementation of Harvard University's "Mind, Brain and Education" philosophy of learning.
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-10
- Students: 223 students
- Yearly Tuition: $12,700
- Acceptance rate: 22%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Classroom Dress Code
(Student designed uniforms)
(Student designed uniforms)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
financial aid available
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- As a research-based educational environment, Renton Prep has a global reach and draws students committed to entering college their junior year in high school. Students co-create their learning design plans that exceed all Washington State requirements. All 8th graders capable of high school level work are encouraged to complete as many high school level courses as they believe they can successfully complete and may receive full high school credit for classes taken and completed.
- Students typically take 20 or more field trips a year, attending the Seattle Opera, Ballet, Shakespeare, 5th Avenue and Paramount Theater productions.
- This private-public partnership with the City of Renton leases several floors of the 7 story building that once housed the Renton City Hall. It is located in downtown Renton, on the banks of the Cedar River. Set in a 20 acre community owned site, Renton Prep offers access to playfields, outdoor tennis and basketball courts and a skateboard park as well as 2 indoors gyms, weight and exercise rooms, dance studio, performing arts center, and a 24 mile asphalt running and biking trail. Renton Prep was opened in February 2015.
Profile last updated:
Endorse Renton Prep Christian: Microsoft's First US K-12 Flagship School Participant. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.