Renton Prep Christian: Microsoft's First US K-12 Flagship School Participant
Renton Prep is a private Christian-based school made up of students from Kindergarten Prep through 10th grade.
As an intentional small school Renton Prep limits enrollment and serves 140 competitively selected students from 26 nations and 12 faith traditions. Its diverse community of researchers and learners reflects our unified commitment to offering a globally connected, researched-based learning environment with an emphasis in STEM and Fine Arts.
Renton Prep is the first K-12 school in the U.S. to be named a Microsoft Flagship School, of which there are only 17 in the world. This aids faculty in implementing evidence-based cirriculum and provides students with the opportunity to collaborate with students & professionals from all over the globe.
It is a learner-centered, digital device blended learning environment known for its research-based implementation of Harvard University's "Mind, Brain and Education" philosophy of learning.
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-10
- Enrollment: 140 students
- Yearly Tuition: $14,880
- Acceptance rate: 22%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Classroom Dress Code
Student designed uniforms
Student designed uniforms
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
financial aid available
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- As a research-based educational environment, Renton Prep has a global reach and draws students committed to entering college their junior year in high school. Students co-create their learning design plans that exceed all Washington State requirements. All 8th graders capable of high school level work are encouraged to complete as many high school level courses as they believe they can successfully complete and may receive full high school credit for classes taken and completed.
- Students typically take 20 or more field trips a year, attending the Seattle Opera, Ballet, Shakespeare, 5th Avenue and Paramount Theater productions.
- This private-public partnership with the City of Renton leases several floors of the 7 story building that once housed the Renton City Hall. It is located in downtown Renton, on the banks of the Cedar River. Set in a 20 acre community owned site, Renton Prep offers access to playfields, outdoor tennis and basketball courts and a skateboard park as well as 2 indoors gyms, weight and exercise rooms, dance studio, performing arts center, and a 24 mile asphalt running and biking trail. .
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Renton Prep Christian: Microsoft's First US K-12 Flagship School Participant. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Don't Need Financial Aid? Step to the Front of the Line!
The fallout of the economic and financial meltdown of 2009 was far reaching. Private schools did not escape the consequences either. But that may be a good thing for you.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
July 20, 2022School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.