Renton Prep Christian: Microsoft's First US K-12 Flagship School Participant
- Renton Prep is a "MICROSOFT SHOWCASE SCHOOL" and was recently selected as Microsoft's first US K-12 FLAGSHIP SCHOOL participant, joining only 16 other schools from around the world. It is rated as one of the "TOP PRIVATE SCHOOLS" by the California based Learning Counsel.
- It is a learner-centered 1-1 digital device blended learning environment known for its research-based implementation of Harvard University's "Mind, Brain and Education" philosophy of learning.
- As an intentional MicroSchool it serves 200 competitively selected students from 26 nations and 12 faith traditions. Its diverse community of researchers and learners reflects our unified commitment to offering a globally connected, researched-based learning environment with an emphasis in STEM and Fine Arts.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||219 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||31 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Student designed uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,700|
|Tuition Notes||financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||David-Paul Zimmerman|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Huggins|
- This private-public partnership with the City of Renton lease several floors of the 7 story building that once housed the Renton City Hall. It is located in downtown Renton, on the banks of the Cedar River. Set in a 20 acre community owned site, Renton Prep offers access to playfields, outdoor tennis and basketball courts and a skateboard park as well as 2 indoors gyms, weight and exercise rooms, dance studio, performing arts center, and a 24 mile asphalt running and biking trail. Renton Prep was opened in February 2015. As a research based educational environment Renton Prep has a global reach and draws students committed to entering college their junior year in high school. Students co-create their learning design plans that exceed all Washington State requirements and generally carry the equivalent of 6.5 to 7.5 yearly credit load. All 8th graders capable of high school level work are encouraged to complete as many high school level courses as they believe they can successfully complete and may receive full high school credit for classes taken and completed.
- Students typically take 20 or more field trips a year, attending the Seattle Opera, Ballet, Shakespeare, 5th Avenue and Paramount Theater productions.
- Renton Prep is intentionally a MicroSchool and serves only 160 students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 426.8 K-12
- Renton Grades: NS-12 | 581 students
16700 174th Ave Se
Renton, WA 98058
(425)255-7273 6.3 NS-12
- Renton Grades: PK-8 | 404 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
(425)255-0059 0.5 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.