Eastside Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- PURPOSE STATEMENT To operate a high-qualityChristian private school in order to help students grow and maturein Christian faith; help students discover God`s plan for theirlives; provide strong academics for each student; help students tobecome productive citizens for our country; help our students to bea transforming influence in our community. It is our desire to seek these purposes guided by wisdom andstrength from God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform, Formal on Mondays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,230|
|Tuition Notes||10 payments Tuition for for K-8 is 12,230 Preschool 2 mornings $282 Preschool 3 mornings $366 Preschool 4 mornings $502 Preschool 5 mornings $582 All Day Preschool $1,223|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,700|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tina Ogimachi|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Wampler|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Classes, Chess Class, Drama, Karate|
Club or Organization:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball, Soccer, Volleyball
- MISSION STATEMENT OF EASTSIDE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL - "Educating Children in the Christ-inspired, Joyful Pursuit of Excellence"
- PRINCIPAL`S MESSAGE - Eastside Christian School has focused on creating an environment of academic excellence and joyful discipleship. Our goal is to help children develop both the skills and character necessary to lead lives of significance. We offer an outstanding academic program, proven time and time again by the achievements of our students. They read well above grade level, take accelerated math classes, and score exceptionally well on Washington state tests. Academic success is unquestionably a high value at our school, but what truly sets us apart is our Christian program--our commitment to discipleship. It impacts everything that we do. ECS students pray and hear God`s word daily. They are growing in their understanding of Christ`s teachings and are learning to live them out with classmates and staff. We are committed to honoring God as a community and embrace our faith with enthusiasm and without apology. As Eastside Christian School`s principal, I invite you to visit our campus, experience our community, and sit down with me to discuss your child`s education. See if this isn`t the very best place for your child to learn and grow as a student and follower of Jesus. ~ Christ be with you, Mark W. Migliore, Principal
- ECS PARENT TESTIMONIAL - "Six years ago, my oldest son came home from Kindergarten one day very concerned. He looked me in the eye and asked, 'Dad, do we have enough money to go to this school for all of the years? I love this school.' Three enrolled kids and all of this time later, the sentiment is still echoed by my kids all of the time. The small class sizes and phenomenal test scores don't hurt either!"
- ECS PARENT TESTIMONIAL - "After struggling for two years at the top-ranked public school in Bellevue with bullying and curriculum concerns, we made the decision last year to transfer our kids (now 1st and 3rd grade) to ECS. My kids are now thriving academically, spiritually, and socially. ECS isn`t just a school--it`s a loving, supportive community of teachers, staff, parents, and students. Two kids in private school isn`t cheap, but the education and environment @ ECS is worth every penny. ECS gets my highest recommendation!!"
- ECS PARENT TESTIMONIAL - "Yes, I work at ECS, but I'm also a proud parent of two alumni, now thriving spiritually, academically, and socially in public high school and college. Given any amount of money and the pick of any school, ECS is my hands down, enthusiastic, no-bones-about it #1 choice. ECS is a priceless investment in not only children, but also in God's kingdom!"
- ECS PARENT TESTIMONIAL - "My boys are both ECS grads and the solid foundation of commitment to Christ and His church, as well as to learning about His world have made them into the incredible people they are today."
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: PK-9 | 643 students
14640 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425)649-0791 2.9 PK-9
- Bellevue Grades: NS-12 | 1037 students
1601 98th Ave Ne
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)454-4402 3.8 NS-12
Eastside Christian SchoolPros: high Math skills, high reading skills, and after school activities. The teachers are great at helping the kids to excel.Cons: We have had only positive experiences here at ECS.Our Son was going to a different Christian school and we transferred him to Eastside Christian School. At that point we realized how much academic differences between schools because he had a lot of catching up to do. He spent a little over half the school year doing that. We worked with his teacher to help bring him up to the level he needed to be at. Our Son was amazed at some of the things he was able to do. It was really special to watch him smile at himself as he accomplished one thing after another. Especially his math skills. He was doing math he thought he could not to before.In the 2nd grade he learned cursive writing. His penmanship is excellent!Now our Son is in the 3rd grade at Eastside Christian school and doing very well. We have been amazed as our son's reading and math skills have soared. He has done many school projects which have increased his knowledge of the world around him. He has also made a lot of quality friends over the years.We have had him in several after school activities. Basketball, robotics, Singapore math, and guitar. He has enjoyed every one!We love the teachers there as they are all so loving and caring, and the before and after school care is great!
- Posted by Parent - Maggie
My two sons have attending ECS for the past 4 years. They have grown spiritually and academically and our family has built amazing relationships with other families here. We would highly recommend families here that seek a strong Christian foundation integrated with a robust academic program.
- Posted by Parent - josak
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.