Eastside Christian School
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE, COMMITMENT TO CHRIST Eastside Christian School is a Christ-centered learning community inspiring academic excellence and a commitment to Christ. From preschool through 8th grade, our students benefit from small class sizes and dedicated teachers who focus on developing the whole child: body, mind, soul and spirit. Our goal is to partner with parents to raise up young men and women of character who are equipped to fulfill God`s purposes for them in the world.
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 352 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,710
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(Uniform, Formal on Mondays)
(Uniform, Formal on Mondays)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
10 monthly payments Tuition for for 1st-8th grades is $15,710 Tuition for K is $15,140 Tuition for Middle School is $16,760 Tuition for Preschool varies, depending on days of week and part- or full-time status
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- MISSION STATEMENT OF EASTSIDE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL - "Educating Children in the Christ-inspired, Joyful Pursuit of Excellence"
- PRINCIPAL`S MESSAGE - Eastside Christian School has focused on creating an environment of academic excellence and joyful discipleship. Our goal is to help children develop both the skills and character necessary to lead lives of significance. We offer an outstanding academic program, proven time and time again by the achievements of our students. They read well above grade level, take accelerated math classes, and score exceptionally well on Washington state tests. Academic success is unquestionably a high value at our school, but what truly sets us apart is our Christian program--our commitment to discipleship. It impacts everything that we do. ECS students pray and hear God`s word daily. They are growing in their understanding of Christ`s teachings and are learning to live them out with classmates and staff. We are committed to honoring God as a community and embrace our faith with enthusiasm and without apology. As Eastside Christian School`s principal, I invite you to visit our campus, experience our community, and sit down with me to discuss your child`s education. See if this isn`t the very best place for your child to learn and grow as a student and follower of Jesus. ~ Christ be with you, Mark W. Migliore, Principal
- ECS PARENT TESTIMONIAL - "Six years ago, my oldest son came home from Kindergarten one day very concerned. He looked me in the eye and asked, 'Dad, do we have enough money to go to this school for all of the years? I love this school.' Three enrolled kids and all of this time later, the sentiment is still echoed by my kids all of the time. The small class sizes and phenomenal test scores don't hurt either!"
- ECS PARENT TESTIMONIAL - "After struggling for two years at the top-ranked public school in Bellevue with bullying and curriculum concerns, we made the decision last year to transfer our kids (now 1st and 3rd grade) to ECS. My kids are now thriving academically, spiritually, and socially. ECS isn`t just a school--it`s a loving, supportive community of teachers, staff, parents, and students. Two kids in private school isn`t cheap, but the education and environment @ ECS is worth every penny. ECS gets my highest recommendation!!"
- ECS PARENT TESTIMONIAL - "Yes, I work at ECS, but I'm also a proud parent of two alumni, now thriving spiritually, academically, and socially in public high school and college. Given any amount of money and the pick of any school, ECS is my hands down, enthusiastic, no-bones-about it #1 choice. ECS is a priceless investment in not only children, but also in God's kingdom!"
- ECS PARENT TESTIMONIAL - "My boys are both ECS grads and the solid foundation of commitment to Christ and His church, as well as to learning about His world have made them into the incredible people they are today."
Profile last updated: 09/21/2021
My children have been in ECS for two years and we are happy. The whole community is very friendly and caring. It is easy to fit in and get a connection with other families. ECS focuses on bible teaching and academy success. The class has small size.
This is our daughter's first year at Eastside Christian. We moved from out of state and have been so grateful for the opportunity for her to attend kindergarten at ECS. The staff is warm and friendly and we cant say enough great things about Mrs. Rogan and her team that teaches and loves on our daughter. This really is a family environment. We really appreciate the balance between spiritual teaching and academics. Our daughter has grown spiritually really enjoys learning ECS has also done an amazing job navigating all the challenges that comes with operating a school in the midst of the pandemic. Our entire experience has been extremely positive.
Our daughter is in her third year at Eastside Christian School after having experiences in other private schools and public school. This certainly seems to be a congenial place for her as we have seen her flourish socially and academically. It is uncommon to find a combination of academic rigor and a healthy spiritual environment. Our daughter is blessed to be amongst caring administrators, faculty and students. The teachers genuinely care about the growth and development of their students. Their dedication is quite genuine and produces effective results. We are pleased to see our daughter grow and gain life skills that will serve as the foundation for her future academic and professional success. We also appreciate the low student to teacher ratio. Teachers seem to have the time to dedicate and cater to the various student needs. The accountability structure also equips students with real-world skills as they prepare for the next steps in life. Although this school only goes to 8th grade, we feel confident that our daughter is acquiring the skills necessary to be successful at the next level. We are reassured in every way from the wonderful lunches to the care they receive after school. The school is receptive to parent input which affirms our confidence in the school to effectively educate our child. We are thankful for this school, and look forward to enjoying our daughter`s remaining years in this fine institution.
After previously attending another local private school and touring many other area private and public schools, we chose Eastside Christian School (ECS). We wanted a Christian school that prioritized academic excellence, character, and security. ECS excels in all of these areas and more! The school does an excellent job of providing an education that is tailored to the individual child and his/her academic gifts, talents, interests, and needs. My children are provided with the opportunity grow and excel in math through an accelerated math program that the school offers. There are so many great extracurriculars offered that it can be a challenge to choose. Our children love school so much and we are so thankful to be a part of the ECS community. We highly recommend ECS!
Our twin three-year old boys enrolled in PreK at Eastside Christian this year, and we have been very happy with the experience thus far. We have enjoyed building a relationship with their teacher and have found her to be both a skilled instructor and also a lovely person and friend. She does a great job keeping us apprised of what is happening in the classroom and also creating opportunities to build community. Finally, we have noticed improved academic and social skills developing for both our sons as the year has gone by. We highly recommend PreK at Eastside Christian!
Eastside Christian SchoolPros: high Math skills, high reading skills, and after school activities. The teachers are great at helping the kids to excel.Cons: We have had only positive experiences here at ECS.Our Son was going to a different Christian school and we transferred him to Eastside Christian School. At that point we realized how much academic differences between schools because he had a lot of catching up to do. He spent a little over half the school year doing that. We worked with his teacher to help bring him up to the level he needed to be at. Our Son was amazed at some of the things he was able to do. It was really special to watch him smile at himself as he accomplished one thing after another. Especially his math skills. He was doing math he thought he could not to before.In the 2nd grade he learned cursive writing. His penmanship is excellent!Now our Son is in the 3rd grade at Eastside Christian school and doing very well. We have been amazed as our son's reading and math skills have soared. He has done many school projects which have increased his knowledge of the world around him. He has also made a lot of quality friends over the years.We have had him in several after school activities. Basketball, robotics, Singapore math, and guitar. He has enjoyed every one!We love the teachers there as they are all so loving and caring, and the before and after school care is great!
My two sons have attending ECS for the past 4 years. They have grown spiritually and academically and our family has built amazing relationships with other families here. We would highly recommend families here that seek a strong Christian foundation integrated with a robust academic program.
Endorse Eastside Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.