Chestnut Hill Academy
- Chestnut Hill Academy is a private, secular, coeducational day school recognized for providing an exceptional learning environment that emphasizes high academic standards, a low student-to-teacher ratio, and a wide array of meaningful enrichment activities.
- The school caters for approximately 250 Kindergarten through Fifth Grade students.
- Our students typically matriculate to leading private secondary schools including The Bush School, Eastside Preparatory School, Eastside Catholic, Forest Ridge, Lakeside, Overlake, Seattle Academy, and University Preparatory, as well as the local public schools.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 27 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,546|
|Admissions Director||Monique Stuart-German|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Crafts, Chess, Chinese, Choir, Coding, Cooking, Creative Writing, Digital Media, Karate, Mad Science, Mandarin, Math Enrichment, Piano, Science Explorers, Soccer Skill Building, Student Council, Tumbling, Yoga Chess, Chinese, Choir, Coding, Cooking, Digital Media, Karate, Mad Science, Mandarin, Piano, Tumbling, Yoga, Arts and Crafts,
Soccer Skill Building,
- Since 1998, CHA has been dedicated to developing global leaders one child at a time. The founders of the school focused on the development of the whole child - their intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and character development. This remains the aim of CHA today. The school strives to develop intelligent, thoughtful, and caring leaders with educated hearts as well as educated minds. We never lose sight of why we are really here and that is to prepare children for further academic challenges and to guide them to be responsible, compassionate, and active leaders of the world.
- The academic program at CHA is notably challenging, but sufficiently flexible to meet the individual needs of children with varying degrees of readiness and ability. Although significant attention is given to the academic subjects and the co-curricular programs of Spanish, Music, Art, Technology, Physical Education, and Library, we believe that the growth of the whole child, including his or her attitudes and values, is as important as any particular academic discipline, knowledge, or skill.
- CHA strives to have a diversified student body. We are a community of learners who value and are strengthened by the wide variety of our members. We believe that diversity unites the academic environment and is of paramount importance in preparing our children for life in an increasingly diverse and complex society. We are a school where individual differences are respected, welcomed, and valued.
- There are 31 teaching staff (Teachers, Specialists and Instructional Assistants) comprising 5 men and 26 women. All our teachers and specialists have current WA teaching certificates and 18 of our teaching staff have Master`s Degrees. On average, our certified teachers have 8.6 years of teaching experience.
- The only way to fully understand the magic of CHA is to see us in action. We invite you to schedule time to come and experience for yourself the school`s unique way of educating student leaders to be knowledgeable, confident, and resourceful learners.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BellevueGrades: PK-8 | 643 students
14600 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
BellevueGrades: PK-5 | 204 students
2411 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
BellevueGrades: NS-8 | 296 students
2701 Bellevue-Redmond Rd
Bellevue, WA 98008
BellevueGrades: PK-8 | 486 students
133 156th Avenue Se
Bellevue, WA 98007
BothellGrades: K-6 | 171 students
16017 118th Place NE
Bothell, WA 98011
This school has a wonderful, strong, well rounded program! Teachers and staff are kind and cooperative. They truly care for the students here. I strongly recommend them to anyone!!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 2