Chestnut Hill Academy
- Chestnut Hill Academy is a private, secular, co-ed day school recognized for providing an exceptional learning environment that emphasizes high academic standards, a low student-to-teacher ratio, and a wide array of meaningful enrichment activities.
- The school caters for approximately 290 Kindergarten through Fifth Grade students. On March 16th we launched REACH, our online school for remote students.
- Our students typically matriculate to leading private secondary schools including The Bush School, Eastside Preparatory School, Eastside Catholic, Forest Ridge, Lakeside, Overlake, Seattle Academy, and University Preparatory, as well as the local public schools.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 22 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Kindergarten through 1st Grade - $25,007 Tuition for 2nd through 5th Grade - $25,794 Plus $125 application fee and $950 deposit|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Monique Stuart-German|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Flag Football, Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts, Snowboarding, Ultimate FrisbeeAlpine Skiing, Flag Football,|
Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts,
Snowboarding, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Coding, Cooking, Creative Writing, Digital Media, Mandarin, Math Enrichment, Science Explorers, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Crafts, Guitar Lessons, Percussion Ensemble, Piano
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Karate, Soccer Skill Building, Yoga
- Since 1998, CHA has been dedicated to developing global leaders one child at a time. The founders of the school focused on the development of the whole child - their intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and character development. This remains the aim of CHA today. The school strives to develop intelligent, thoughtful, and caring leaders with educated hearts as well as educated minds. We never lose sight of why we are really here and that is to prepare children for further academic challenges and to guide them to be responsible, compassionate, and active leaders of the world.
- On March 16th we launched REACH (Remote E-Learning at CHA), our online school program, built on the Microsoft Teams platform, which enables us to continue to deliver high-quality education to all our students. K and 1st currently have the option of being in-person.
- The academic program at CHA is notably challenging, but sufficiently flexible to meet the individual needs of children with varying degrees of readiness and ability. Although significant attention is given to the academic subjects and the co-curricular programs of Spanish, Music, Art, Technology, Physical Education, and Library, we believe that the growth of the whole child, including his or her attitudes and values, is as important as any particular academic discipline, knowledge, or skill.
- CHA strives to have a diversified student body. We are a community of learners who value and are strengthened by the wide variety of our members. We believe that diversity unites the academic environment and is of paramount importance in preparing our children for life in an increasingly diverse and complex society. We are a school where individual differences are respected, welcomed, and valued.
- There are 31 teaching staff (Teachers, Specialists and Instructional Assistants) comprising 5 men and 26 women. All our teachers and specialists have current WA teaching certificates and 18 of our teaching staff have Master`s Degrees. On average, our certified teachers have 8.6 years of teaching experience.
- The only way to fully understand the magic of CHA is to see us in action. We invite you to schedule time to come and experience for yourself the school`s unique way of educating student leaders to be knowledgeable, confident, and resourceful learners.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: PK-8 | 656 students
14640 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425) 556-0791 3.2 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: PK-6 | 210 students
2411 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425) 454-7439 3.4 PK-6
CHA is amazing. The administration is involved and collaborative. The teachers are energetic and communicative. The facility is bright and beautiful. School food is healthy and nutritious. Includes Art, music, PE, Library, Tech, Spanish. A great list of extracurriculars. The administrative staff is organized and helpful. Ski program! I love this place and so does my first grade son.
- Posted by Parent - 1st grade parent
I have been very happy with Chestnut Hill Academy- everything from the core curriculum to specialist classes like Spanish, Technology, Music and Art. My son also loves the PE classes because they are so inclusive. The past six years at CHA have helped develop my son into a very educated child with a passion for learning, excellent manners and respect for his peers and teachers and has given him a huge advantage going into Middle School. I highly recommend this school for these crucial elementary school years.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 1 great kid
Chestnut Hill Academy has been a wonderful education, both academically and emotionally for our daughter. We have felt included in our daughter's education and received excellent communications from the faculty and teachers. She will be moving on to her next education opportunity well-rounded, independent and an avid learner.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Mom
This school has a wonderful, strong, well rounded program! Teachers and staff are kind and cooperative. They truly care for the students here. I strongly recommend them to anyone!!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 2