Upcoming Events and News
- Business Game Changer Magazine Q&A with Ruth Wilson, founder of The Polytech - 05/16/2022Ruth Wilson describes her background and motivation for founding The Polytech, an innovative private high school that continues working with students through age 26 to support the transition to college, career, and adulthood.
- Resources & Support for College Students with Disabilities, featuring founder Ruth Wilson - 05/16/2022This complete guide will help college students with disabilities understand the resources available both within colleges and the community. An interview with Ruth Wilson, board certified educational therapist and founder of The Polytech, is at the end in Section 7.
The Polytech ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Culinary Arts, Driver's Ed, Dungeons and Dragons Club
The Polytech offers access to several career pathways, including Healthcare, Business & IT, Education, Manufacturing, and Engineering, giving students the option to earn an industry certification in programs like these:
- Personal fitness trainer
- Certified nursing assistant (CNA)
- Networking Specialist
- Early childhood education
College & Career Readiness (CCR) is a course offering designed to build the soft skills necessary to be successful in college and a career. CCR covers topics such as professional dress and social media presence as well as the ability to accept and give criticism, and many executive function skills such as organization and time management. CCR can be especially useful for students who are unaware of the career options available to them after graduation, and who are not engaged in traditional instruction. Using a career and interest assessment can make education relevant and connect students to their future, often resulting in increased motivation, focus, and performance.
What really makes The Polytech unique is the ability to earn a high school diploma plus college credit, and even an industry certificate, all at the same time. Students at The Polytech will have already completed a successful college experience by the time they graduate, leaving behind high school with confidence and clarity about their next steps.
Endorse The Polytech. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards