Upcoming Events and News
- Students learn to handle medical emergencies at sea - 08/16/2023The Polytech students got hands on medical training side-by-side with commercial fishing employees as part of the Youth Maritime Career Launch (YMCL) program. YMCL allows young adults ages 16-24 to receive training, coaching, and a 3-month paid internship in a maritime industry business.
- The Polytech and Port of Seattle offer training to young adults interested in maritime careers - 11/21/2022The Polytech was selected by The Port of Seatle to implement its Maritime Career Launch Program. Young adults ages 16-24 are eligible to receive training necessary to enter maritime careers and participate in a 3-month paid internship. email@example.com for more information!
- Business Game Changer Magazine Q&A with Ruth Wilson, founder of The Polytech - 05/16/2022Ruth Wilson describes her background and motivation for founding The Polytech, an innovative private high school that continues working with students through age 26 to support the transition to college, career, and adulthood.
- Resources & Support for College Students with Disabilities, featuring founder Ruth Wilson - 05/16/2022This complete guide will help college students with disabilities understand the resources available both within colleges and the community. An interview with Ruth Wilson, board certified educational therapist and founder of The Polytech, is at the end in Section 7.
The Polytech ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Culinary Arts, Driver's Ed, Dungeons and Dragons Club, Youth Maritime Career Launch (YMCL)
The Polytech offers access to severalcareerpathways, including Healthcare, Business & IT, Education, Manufacturing, and Engineering, giving students the option to earn an industry certification in programs like these:
- Personal fitness trainer
- Certified nursing assistant (CNA)
- Networking Specialist
- Early childhood education
College & Career Readiness (CCR) is a course offering designed to build the soft skills necessary to be successful in college and a career. CCR covers topics such as professional dress and social media presence as well as the ability to accept and give criticism, and many executive function skills such as organization and time management. CCR can be especially useful for students who are unaware of the career options available to them after graduation, and who are not engaged in traditional instruction.Using a career and interest assessment can make education relevant and connect students totheir future, often resulting in increased motivation, focus, and performance.
What really makes The Polytech unique is the ability to earn a high school diploma plus college credit, and even an industry certificate, all at the same time. Students at The Polytech will have already completed a successful college experience by the time they graduate, leaving behind high school with confidence and clarity about their next steps.
Through a partnership with The Port of Seattle, we also offer Youth Maritime Career Launch (YMCL), a program for students ages 16-24 who are interested in maritime industry careers. Students receive mentoring, job coaching, specific skills such as firefighting, welding, forklift driving, etc., and are placed in 3-month paid internships with the possibility of continuing in regular employment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Polytech cost?
Does The Polytech offer a summer program?
What is The Polytech's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Polytech?
Endorse The Polytech. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards