5.00 (3 reviews)
- Eton School, founded in 1978, is an independent school located on the Eastside of Lake Washington offering a comprehensive education for the whole child.
- We ascribe to the Montessori philosophy. Our approach is developmental, as we assist the unfolding of each child`s potential.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 14 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost is available on Eton school website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sonja Everson|
|Admissions Associate||Laurren Chase|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Ultimate FrisbeeUltimate Frisbee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Cooking, Cultural Dance, Math Team, Ultimate Frizbee, Woodworking|
Club or Organization:
- Accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools and American Montessori Society (AMS).
- Pre-elementary (age 3 - Kindergarten) through lower elementary (1st - 3rd grade), uses both traditional Montessori and contemporary materials.
- Upper Elementary (4th - 5th grade) and Middle School (6th-8th grade) levels continue the philosophy of educating the whole child in a more traditional approach.
- Spanish is taught to pre-elementary and lower elementary students.
- Latin is offered at grades 4th - 8th.
- Specialist teachers for music, physical education, visual arts, physical science, library, and foreign languages.
- Before/After school childcare.
- Full day/week childcare on specified days when school is closed.
- After school enrichment classes (e.g., martial arts, chess, dance, cooking, and more)
- Student Leadership Council
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: PK-9 | 643 students
14640 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425)649-0791 0.6 PK-9
- Bellevue Grades: PK-5 | 211 students
2411 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)454-7439 2.8 PK-5
I was reluctant to put my children in private school and even more reluctant to put them in a Montessori school because of bad experiences I''ve had in the past. My husband had his heart set on it, though, so I agreed to give it a year. The social and academic changes in my children were unmistakable. Four years later, we''ve started our fourth child at this school and wouldn't want them to go anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - nikki
Serving students for 35 years, Eton School offers a unique and developmentally appropriate education. Montessori meets the needs and challenges all students including gifted children because it follows the child allowing for the child's education grow in depth and width rather than just adding busy work. The smaller classes at all levels allows the teachers time to get to know, teach, observe, and evaluate all children as individuals rather than as a number in a class or grade book. All students completing 8th grade at Eton School have been accepted into the school of their choice after graduation.
- Posted by Parent - mediu
Excellent Montessori school with great teachers and head of school. It has specialist for music, art and PE as well as for Japanese, French and Spanish! We love Eton!
- Posted by Parent - hktin
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.