Open Window School
5.00 (1 review)
We challenge, support, and trust students to do real work that matters and has an impact beyond the classroom.
We engage our students' curiosity, cultivate their passions, and encourage intellectual risk-taking within a supportive peer group.
We support the unique needs of gifted students through an intentional program of social and emotional learning.
- Welcome to Open Window School, the Eastside's only independent school dedicated to meeting the needs of gifted children.
- OWS offers deep understanding and care for exceptionally bright, creative students.
- Our school provides a stimulating, challenging yet nurturing environment for children in Kindergarten through 8th Grade on our beautiful Cougar Mountain campus.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,280|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Calley Hart|
|Admissions Associate||Eugenie Lemerle|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Martial Arts, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Golf, Martial Arts,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alpine Club, Cascade League Sports, Chess Club, Choir Club, First Lego League, Martial Arts, Math Counts Alpine Club, Chess Club, Choir Club, Martial Arts, Math Counts, Cascade League Sports,|
First Lego League,
- Parent Tours of the school are offered weekly October through January. Please sign up for a tour on our website, or call for a reservation (425-747-2911). You're also invited to join us during our Open House on Saturday, November 11, 2017 1-3PM. Please visit our web site for more details.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BellevueGrades: NS-8 | 296 students
2701 Bellevue-Redmond Rd
Bellevue, WA 98008
- BellevueGrades: PK-8 | 643 students
14600 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
- BellevueGrades: PK-5 | 204 students
2411 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
- RedmondGrades: 5-12 | 527 students
20301 NE 108th Street
Redmond, WA 98053
- BellevueGrades: K-5 | 251 students
13633 SE 26th St
Bellevue, WA 98005
Our son has gone to Open Window from K - 8. Our experience, inclusive of his feedback, has been excellent. The mission of "children first, gifted second" has helped our son to become a great human being in addition to ultra-high standardized scores including the SSAT and ISEE tests. We would make the decision to send him here again without reservation. If you are a parent who demands "gifted first, children second" or a "tiger mom" type of parenting that is only focused on brutal rigor, home schooling may be a better option.
- Posted by Parent - tim
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.