- Chrysalis is a school of 230 students in grades K-12 on two campuses.
- We offer personalized learning at Chrysalis! Each student, K-12, has a curriculum designed for them using a student centered approach. Class size varies at Chrysalis from a class of 1 to small multi-age groups of 10-12 students who share smiliar learning profiles.
- Our program allows for flexible scheduling so students can pursue their interests.
- We have had Olympic athletes, world competitive equestrians, and our graudates have gone to a range of colleges including Stanford, Yale, Notre Dame and Cornell, just to name a few! We have a diverse academic population and many of our students choose to attend local community colleges.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1141|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is determined by the combination of individual appointment times and group classes and this is different with each student.|
|Admissions Director||Lorri Rollins|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society (NHS)
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Drama Program, Fashion Design, Film Studies, Photography Class
- Chrysalis is a personalized learning environment that allows for academic flexibility, time to pursue passions and interests, and promotes wellness and health.
- Academic Flexibility: Chrysalis teachers design a personalized curriculum, customized to each student's unique learning needs. We know that no two learners learn in same way, at the same time or at the same pace. We adjust the pace, style of instruction and course difficulty based on student goals. We can adjust the amount of work that needs to be done and adjust the difficulty of coursework in any subject. A key feature of our program is to teach students how to be responsible independent learners, the way they will learn for the rest of their life.
- Time to Pursue Passion and Interests: Chrysalis has a personalized scheduling plan for each student. This allows time for students to discover their talents and interests. Teachers develop each student's curriculum increasing student engagement in the learning process by using their interests. Flex time for students is available so they can pursue their interests that involve travel and practice outside of school. Students can travel and compete without compromising academics.
- Wellness and Health: Students are both happier and healthier in a safe, low stress environment. A collaborative relationship with teachers and other students offers an environment that creates the greatest opportunity for every student to reach his/her potential. Small class sizes, one -on- one instruction, reduced peer pressure, a high adult/child ratio and custom schedules allow students to learn at their best.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bothell Grades: 1-12 | 78 students
11812 North Creek Pkwy. N #102
Bothell, WA 98011
(425)885-6296 2.4 1-12
- Mountlake Terrace Grades: 7-12 | 101 students
23607 54th Ave W
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
(425)774-7773 7.4 7-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.