5.00 (1 review)
- Chrysalis is a school of 230 students in grades K-12 on two campuses.
- We offer personalized learning at Chrysalis! Each student, K-12, has a curriculum designed for them using a student centered approach. Class size varies at Chrysalis from a class of 1 to small multi-age groups of 10-12 students who share smiliar learning profiles.
- Our program allows for flexible scheduling so students can pursue their interests.
- We have had Olympic athletes, world competitive equestrians, and our graudates have gone to a range of colleges including Stanford, Yale, Notre Dame and Cornell, just to name a few! We have a diverse academic population and many of our students choose to attend local community colleges.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1141|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is determined by the combination of individual appointment times and group classes and this is different with each student.|
|Admissions Director||Lorri Rollins|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society (NHS)
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Drama Program, Fashion Design, Film Studies, Photography Class
- Chrysalis is a personalized learning environment that allows for academic flexibility, time to pursue passions and interests, and promotes wellness and health.
- Academic Flexibility: Chrysalis teachers design a personalized curriculum, customized to each student's unique learning needs. We know that no two learners learn in same way, at the same time or at the same pace. We adjust the pace, style of instruction and course difficulty based on student goals. We can adjust the amount of work that needs to be done and adjust the difficulty of coursework in any subject. A key feature of our program is to teach students how to be responsible independent learners, the way they will learn for the rest of their life.
- Time to Pursue Passion and Interests: Chrysalis has a personalized scheduling plan for each student. This allows time for students to discover their talents and interests. Teachers develop each student's curriculum increasing student engagement in the learning process by using their interests. Flex time for students is available so they can pursue their interests that involve travel and practice outside of school. Students can travel and compete without compromising academics.
- Wellness and Health: Students are both happier and healthier in a safe, low stress environment. A collaborative relationship with teachers and other students offers an environment that creates the greatest opportunity for every student to reach his/her potential. Small class sizes, one -on- one instruction, reduced peer pressure, a high adult/child ratio and custom schedules allow students to learn at their best.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bothell Grades: 1-12 | 78 students
11812 North Creek Pkwy. N #102
Bothell, WA 98011
(425)885-6296 2.4 1-12
- Lynnwood Grades: 6-12 | 89 students
17931 64th Avenue W
Lynnwood, WA 98037
(425)774-7773 9.8 6-12
My son graduated from Chrysalis two years ago. He attended grades 6 through 12, and I couldn't be happier with his education. The teachers adapted to his needs, and he was consistently challenged. The school requires less homework, which concerned me at first, but I trusted their judgement. I came to realize that quantity of homework doesn't really matter, as my son is now making the President's list routinely, in college, for his academic achievements. He liked to play video games. Chrysalis created an environment where he wanted to learn. He even took a horticulture class and found he enjoys working outside and getting his hands dirty. I highly recommend Chrysalis.
- Posted by Parent - Satisfied Dad
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.