5.00 (2 reviews)
Chrysalis School Photo #2 - Our High School campus, located in Woodinville, WA, provides a comfortable environment for our 7-12 students to learn.
Chrysalis School Photo #3 - We offer a number of unique core, and elective courses, including 3D Design, and 3D Printing. Students explore the entire process, from creating the design, to manufacturing the final product.
Chrysalis School Photo #4 - Instruction is offered both one-on-one, and in small groups, so the academic setting best suits the individual needs of the students.
- Chrysalis School focuses on the student's success, building their confidence, while teaching them skills to become independent, lifelong learners.
- We offer personalized learning at Chrysalis! Each student, K-12, has a curriculum designed for them using a student centered approach. Class size varies at Chrysalis from a class of 1 to small multi-age groups of 10-12 students who share smiliar learning profiles.
- Our program allows for flexible scheduling so students can pursue their interests.
- We have two campuses, one elementary and one high school campus (includes our junior high program).
- We have had Olympic athletes, world competitive equestrians, and our graudates have gone to a range of colleges including Stanford, Yale, Notre Dame and Cornell, just to name a few! We have a diverse academic population and many of our students choose to attend local community colleges.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, ADHD,|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1141|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$33,150|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is determined by the combination of individual appointment times and group classes and this is different with each student. High School Average: $35,300 per year Junior High School Average: $30,600 per year Elementary School Average: $22,500 per year|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lorri Rollins|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society (NHS)
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Drama Program, Fashion Design, Film Studies, graphic design, Photography Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Chrysalis is a personalized learning environment that allows for academic flexibility, time to pursue passions and interests, and promotes wellness and health.
- Academic Flexibility: Chrysalis teachers design a personalized curriculum, customized to each student's unique learning needs. We know that no two learners learn in same way, at the same time or at the same pace. We adjust the pace, style of instruction and course difficulty based on student goals. We can adjust the amount of work that needs to be done and adjust the difficulty of coursework in any subject. A key feature of our program is to teach students how to be responsible independent learners, the way they will learn for the rest of their life.
- Time to Pursue Passion and Interests: Chrysalis has a personalized scheduling plan for each student. This allows time for students to discover their talents and interests. Teachers develop each student's curriculum increasing student engagement in the learning process by using their interests. Flex time for students is available so they can pursue their interests that involve travel and practice outside of school. Students can travel and compete without compromising academics.
- Wellness and Health: Students are both happier and healthier in a safe, low stress environment. A collaborative relationship with teachers and other students offers an environment that creates the greatest opportunity for every student to reach his/her potential. Small class sizes, one -on- one instruction, reduced peer pressure, a high adult/child ratio and custom schedules allow students to learn at their best.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bothell Grades: 1-12 | 29 students
11812 North Creek Pkwy. N #102
Bothell, WA 98011
(425)885-6296 2.4 1-12
- Lynnwood Grades: 6-12 | 89 students
17931 64th Avenue W
Lynnwood, WA 98037
(425)774-7773 9.8 6-12
We are so glad that we found Chrysalis. It has been such a positive experience for our three children that we feel we need to share how special it is. It is so unlike most other schools that it is difficult to do it justice in a few words. It actually took us a while to really understand what we had got into and how lucky we were. In "mainstream" schools, importance is placed on standardized syllabuses and testing, with the laudable aim that "no child is left behind". Everyone is expected to develop at the rate of the average child. At Chrysalis, every child is an individual, and their education is tailored to their strengths and weaknesses. They may be two grades ahead in Math, but grade-average in most other subjects. As each child can develop at their optimum pace, there is no child to be left behind. Having a deep understanding of the individual means that children are matched with teachers who have complimentary teaching styles. If things aren't working out, the emphasis is on finding what works best for the student, rather than expecting the child to adapt to the teacher. The students feel included and respected and so are more respectful and inclusive of others. As a result, Chrysalis kids learn how best they learn, rather than simply being taught things. This frees the learning experience to be more fun and exciting, rather than a chore to be endured. The aim is to develop lifelong learners, with the flexibility to adapt to changing environments, coupled with a strong sense of self and understanding of one's own strengths and weaknesses. As the emphasis is on each student's needs, it can be confused for a school for special needs. Although it is much more flexible than most schools, it is not geared up to cater specifically for children with significant learning deficits. The emphasis on child-influenced education can worry parents who are concerned whether their child is keeping up with their peers. And many people can't imagine that you can still be learning if it's not a chore. But for us, we know of no better school for helping our children grow and develop to be the best they can be.
- Posted by Parent - Dan & Rachael Brown
My son graduated from Chrysalis two years ago. He attended grades 6 through 12, and I couldn't be happier with his education. The teachers adapted to his needs, and he was consistently challenged. The school requires less homework, which concerned me at first, but I trusted their judgement. I came to realize that quantity of homework doesn't really matter, as my son is now making the President's list routinely, in college, for his academic achievements. He liked to play video games. Chrysalis created an environment where he wanted to learn. He even took a horticulture class and found he enjoys working outside and getting his hands dirty. I highly recommend Chrysalis.
- Posted by Parent - Satisfied Dad
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.