5.00 (1 review)
Chrysalis School Photo #2 - We offer a number of unique core, and elective courses, including 3D Design, and 3D Printing. Students explore the entire process, from creating the design, to manufacturing the final product.
Chrysalis School Photo #3 - Outdoor education is provides students with opportunities to challenge themselves, and acquire useful life skills.
Chrysalis School Photo #4 - Instruction is offered both one-on-one, and in small groups, so the academic setting best suits the individual needs of the students.
- Chrysalis School focuses on the student's success, building their confidence, while teaching them skills to become independent, lifelong learners.
- We offer personalized learning at Chrysalis! Each student, K-12, has a curriculum designed for them using a student centered approach. Class size varies at Chrysalis from a class of 1 to small multi-age groups of 10-12 students who share smiliar learning profiles.
- Our program allows for flexible scheduling so students can pursue their interests.
- We have two campuses, one elementary and one high school campus (includes our junior high program).
- We have had Olympic athletes, world competitive equestrians, and our graudates have gone to a range of colleges including Stanford, Yale, Notre Dame and Cornell, just to name a few! We have a diverse academic population and many of our students choose to attend local community colleges.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1138|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is determined by the combination of individual appointment times and group classes and this is different with each student. High School Average: $35,300 per year Junior High School Average: $30,600 per year Elementary School Average: $22,500 per year|
|Admissions Director||Lorri Rollins|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society (NHS)
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Drama Program, Fashion Design, Film Studies, Photography Class
- Chrysalis is a personalized learning environment that allows for academic flexibility, time to pursue passions and interests, and promotes wellness and health.
- Academic Flexibility: Chrysalis teachers design a personalized curriculum, customized to each student's unique learning needs. We know that no two learners learn in same way, at the same time or at the same pace. We adjust the pace, style of instruction and course difficulty based on student goals. We can adjust the amount of work that needs to be done and adjust the difficulty of coursework in any subject. A key feature of our program is to teach students how to be responsible independent learners, the way they will learn for the rest of their life.
- Time to Pursue Passion and Interests: Chrysalis has a personalized scheduling plan for each student. This allows time for students to discover their talents and interests. Teachers develop each student's curriculum increasing student engagement in the learning process by using their interests. Flex time for students is available so they can pursue their interests that involve travel and practice outside of school. Students can travel and compete without compromising academics.
- Wellness and Health: Students are both happier and healthier in a safe, low stress environment. A collaborative relationship with teachers and other students offers an environment that creates the greatest opportunity for every student to reach his/her potential. Small class sizes, one -on- one instruction, reduced peer pressure, a high adult/child ratio and custom schedules allow students to learn at their best.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bothell Grades: 1-12 | 78 students
11812 North Creek Pkwy. N #102
Bothell, WA 98011
(425)885-6296 2.4 1-12
- Lynnwood Grades: 6-12 | 89 students
17931 64th Avenue W
Lynnwood, WA 98037
(425)774-7773 9.8 6-12
My son graduated from Chrysalis two years ago. He attended grades 6 through 12, and I couldn't be happier with his education. The teachers adapted to his needs, and he was consistently challenged. The school requires less homework, which concerned me at first, but I trusted their judgement. I came to realize that quantity of homework doesn't really matter, as my son is now making the President's list routinely, in college, for his academic achievements. He liked to play video games. Chrysalis created an environment where he wanted to learn. He even took a horticulture class and found he enjoys working outside and getting his hands dirty. I highly recommend Chrysalis.
- Posted by Parent - Satisfied Dad
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?