- REGISTERING NEW STUDENTS FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL SESSION. Ridgewood Prep School is now registering new students Grades PreK-12th for the 2016-2017 school session.
- Space is limited so apply today! (504) 835-2545. Ridgewood was founded in 1948 and is located on four acres in Metairie, LA (within the New Orleans metro area).
- We are approved by the State Department of Education and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS CASI). Ridgewood attracts students from the entire New Orleans metropolitan area, six parishes, and many nations around the world. Our diverse cultural setting promotes awareness, respect and enhances the social development of our students.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||307 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Chemistry, Fine Arts Survey, Physical Science, Physics, Western Civilization,|
|Average SAT score||1080|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Boys- folded collar shirt, Girls- modest, No message clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition averages: Primary school- $5,400; Middle school- $5,800; High school- $6,300 for the year.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Schenken|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Beta Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Fellowship of Christian Students, Key Club, Library Club, Peer Helpers, School Newspaper, Science Olympiad, Student Council, Yearbook Band, Beta Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Key Club, Library Club, Peer Helpers, Yearbook, Fellowship of Christian Students,
- Ridgewood Prep School has grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12, and a Before and After School Care Program. Ridgewood was founded in 1948 and is located on four acres in Metairie, LA (within the New Orleans metro area). We are approved by the State Department of Education and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS CASI).
- Ridgewood is a small school with many of the offerings found in larger schools. We are dedicated to a single mission: preparing students for higher education. We accomplish this with enthusiastic professionals, a comfortable and private campus environment, and a traditional, well-grounded approach to education. Each child's education is provided in a safe and caring environment. Our faculty focuses on fulfillment of goals like growth in intellectual skills; awareness of physical and social environments; deepened appreciation of aesthetics, philosophy, and religion; and responsible participation in home, school, and community.
- We are organized as a primary school, middle school, and high school. The school year consists of two semesters, each divided into three grading periods. Our philosophy is to provide a total education to help form the complete individual. We offer a challenging curriculum in a comfortable and caring environment that helps students become academically prepared and strong in character.
- Ridgewood attracts students from the entire New Orleans metropolitan area, six parishes, and many nations around the world. Our diverse cultural setting promotes awareness, respect and enhances the social development of our students.
- Please visit our website to learn more about us at ridgewoodprep.com.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 757 students
10125 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA 70123
MetairieGrades: 8-12 | 677 students
1901 Severn Ave
Metairie, LA 70001
MetairieGrades: PK-12 | 330 students
5236 Glendale St
Metairie, LA 70006
MetairieGrades: PK-12 | 563 students
225 Green Acres Rd.
Metairie, LA 70003
MetairieGrades: 9-12 | 56 students
3864 17th St
Metairie, LA 70002
Our grandson is in kindergarten at Ridgewood and we could not be happier with his progress or the school. There are 17 in his class which allows for individualized attention. I like that the school still has an arts program and music is mandatory in elememtary school. I also like the no uniform policy which allows students to embrace their individuality. The only drawback for us is our grandson is a picky eater and the school does not have a traditional cafeteria that serves food. They can purchase sandwiches, pizza, or hot pockets or bring their lunches. It is a minor inconvenience. We coudn't be happier with Ridgewood and the wonderful faculty and staff at the school.
- Posted by Parent - mrbco
Just enrolled my grandson for the fall! Our son graduated from Ridgewood. He went there in elementary school for several years, but one year we put him in a public school for financial reasons. After one year in public school we re-budgeted so we could put him back at Ridgewood! In public school, not only was their curriculum far inferior to Ridgewood, but he also did not get personal attention and was not challenged. Nothing was worth more than a good education for our son so thank goodness we put him back. Ridgewood really is fantastic, it's small enough so kids get personal attention. Talking to the other parents, they say Ridgewood is the best kept secret and they are right. Ridgewood definitely expects and demands the best from their students, in a positive way! The teachers and administration were unbelievable, they personally knew who we were, not just our son, and they made us feel like we were part of one big family. They knew all about our son, his strengths, his character, and his academic performance. We knew he wasn't just a number to them. We were always pleasantly surprised whenever we got calls from teachers and Mr. Montgomery asking for a conference so they could discuss my son's performance. Once all of his teachers met with us at the same time and it was heartwarming to hear each speak specifically about our son, his strengths and weaknesses, and give us guidance to help him succeed in school work and extra-curricular activities. Yes, we made the right decision, our son is very successful, has a strong character, and of course now we are looking forward to our grandson's years at Ridgewood and being back with our "family". Thanks to Mr. Montgomery, Mr. Calix, Jeanne Stropolo, and the entire staff at Ridgewood for everything you do!
- Posted by Parent - taras
All 3 of my kids graduated from Ridgewood and are very successful as a result I feel. Having small classes and the individualized attention including after school help from teachers makes for a successful student. Ridgewood is a well planned out curriculum that gives kids confidence and tools for a successful future. I liked that the headmaster graduated from Jesuit here in New Orleans and Loyola. He's been there for well over 50 years and that kind of leadership doesn't get any better. I cannot praise this school enough. AM very thankful for what it gave my kids. I HIGHLY recommend.
- Posted by Parent - reyno
My daughter graduated from Ridgewood after attending all 14 years there and my son is a sophomore after starting for pre-k also. I couldn't be happier about the outstanding education they received and how prepared they are for college. The small classes are an advantage that you won't get at any catholic school. My kids have friends from all ethnic backgrounds.
- Posted by Parent - Lisas
My daughter is a senior at Ridgewood and is sad to be leaving. She said it's like leaving family. Ridgewood offered a disciplined structure, which children need at home and school, and she genuinely likes her teachers. One thing that has stood out for me as a parent of a student that also attended a public school, is that Ridgewood's teachers, you can tell, genuinely care about their student's progress. They're strict, but not punitive. One of the highlights of the year again this year was the recent International Day, which the students LOVE and which parents get involved in bringing dishes representative of different cultures, etc.. I guess if I had to sum it up, I would say it's offered a very well-rounded education for my daughter and I'm thankful I sent her there.
- Posted by Parent - link2
I graduated from Ridgewood years ago and sent my daughters there. We all have such fond memories of the time we spent there. My girls enjoyed the band, sports, the football games and the international day festivities. I appreciated the individual attention they got from the faculty. I loved that they were in a school where they did not get lost in the crowd. I would recommend it. Kids will get a top notch education and will definitely be ready for college.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - minip
My three children have attended Ridgewood for seven years and counting. They are receiving a solid education that will prepare them well for college. My daughter just scored 30 on her ACT and is attending State Rally for the second time. The academics are based in classic principals of study which my children have embraced at all levels. There is a strong emphasis on writing - in all subjects - and the ability to articulate your thoughts effectively and persuasively. They have a sense of autonomy and responsibility with their studies. And socially, Ridgewood has helped them develop respect for fellow students (of all races, religions and persuasions) and for themselves as well. The leadership at Ridgewood is second to none.
- Posted by Parent - mcgum