Rocky Bayou Christian School - Niceville
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Rocky Bayou Christian School is a K-3 through 12th grade college preparatory Christian school with campuses in Niceville and Crestview offering traditional, special services, online academy and homeschool programs. RBCS is accredited through the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS) and is committed to equipping generations to use their God-given abilities as Champions for Christ. RBCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in any of its programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
State or regional independent school association
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Autism/Others|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||645 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, Music Theory, Physics, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art-2D, Studio Art-3D, US History, Vergil|
|Average SAT score||1202|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Holly Riches|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Academic Team, Beta Club, Chess, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Leadership Trek, MathCounts, Missions, Mu Alpha Theta, Science, SGA, Spirit
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Junior Classical League, Shakespeare
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Rocky Bayou Christian School Niceville is an accredited K3-12th grade college preparatory school. RBCS is committed to equipping generations to use their God-given abilities as Champions for Christ. Faculty and Staff serve as teachers and mentors in assisting parents to train and develop, in their children, the skills necessary to fulfill God`s calling in their lives. In addition to traditional learning programs, RBCS offers special services, an online academy and homeschool options. For details, tours and shadow opportunities check out www.RBCS.org.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Walton Beach Grades: PK-12 | 255 students
535 Clifford Street
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
(850)862-1414 11.8 PK-12
- Crestview Grades: PK-12 | 91 students
6250 Old Bethel Rd, Crestview,FL 32536, United States
Crestview, FL 32536
(850)683-1114 19.4 PK-12
- Defuniak Springs Grades: NS-12 | 24 students
2483 Bob Sikes Rd
Defuniak Springs, FL 32435
(850)892-3421 19.5 NS-12
- Crestview Grades: K-6 | 89 students
951 S. Ferdon Blvd
Crestview, FL 32536
(850)306-3459 16.4 K-6
- Defuniak Springs Grades: 4-11 | 15 students
2044 State Highway 83 N
Defuniak Springs, FL 32433
(850)892-9358 25.8 4-11
I have three students attending RBCS. They have attended since they were in K3. I believe that RBCS has helped tremendously in encouraging a Biblical foundation on for my children. They also have received an excellent academic training and are able to be very competitive in college selection.
- Posted by Parent - count
My children have attended RBCS for the last four years, this being their fifth year there. They are thriving in their classrooms. They are maturing as individuals. They have received the best quality education that we could have prayed for. The staff is well educated, trained, family oriented, and super communicative. I always know what is going on with their classrooms, their progress, their grades. We are a family of RBCS now. We feel so comfortable and attached to RBCS that we could not imagine having our children attend elsewhere. The sacrifices we make so they can attend RBCS are so worth it. God is present in this place.
- Posted by Parent - layne
We started mid-year last year and both of my girls love attending! The academics are rigorous, and they are laying a priceless Godly foundation. The teachers are very caring, and even the principals care about each and every student. I am so thankful every single day for RBCS!
- Posted by Parent - kawei
I am an alumna of RBCS, as well as a current employee. I can say honestly that God is working actively in this school! The academics are top-tier, especially in the Language Arts and Literature subjects. I know I personally felt way ahead of my college peers in paper-writing and various other subjects. There are a lot of extracurricular opportunities and activities as well. The hearts of the staff and faculty are deeply devoted to partnering with parents in raising up excellent students who are champions for Christ, and I would highly recommend checking this school out!
- Posted by Teacher - ruffe
I have three children attending Rocky and they love it. It is laying a Godly foundation so they will be able to stand firm in their beliefs and convictions when they enter college. The teachers and staff are wonderful, providing a solid education and a loving environment. Combine all of that with a great sports program and you have RBCS! I am so glad we chose this school.
- Posted by Parent - tjmal
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.