Calvary Christian Academy & Preschool
- Calvary Christian Academy is a private, non-profit Christian School founded in 1967 as a ministry of Calvary Baptist Church.
- The curriculum provides a traditional Christian education founded on the principles of the Scripture.
- These principles are inculcated in each subject throughout every class and by all instructors.
- The school implements the teachings of the family and the local church, helping to rear children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Calvary Christian Academy and Preschool offers grades K3-12th.
- Our school offers a Christ-centered education in a caring environment with an affordable tuition.
- Our mission is to assist Christian parents in the training of their children to conform to the image of Jesus Christ.
Calvary Christian Academy & Preschool places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||257 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,650|
|Tuition Notes||See our website for tuition and fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,677|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||John Policastro|
|Admissions Associate||Lori Westfall|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bible Club, Robotics Club, Student Leadership Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama, Private Piano Lessons, Private Violin Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Elementary basketball, Elementary soccer, Pep Squad
- The primary purpose of Calvary Christian Academy is to provide a thoroughly Christ-centered, Bible-believing, educational program to prepare the student spiritually, academically, physically and socially for service to God, fellowman, and country. Even though knowledge is factually the same for the believer and unbeliever, no subject can be taught in its truth if its originator is ignored. In a practical way our school seeks to develop in young people self-disciplined Christian lives to help meet the need for righteous leadership in our homes, churches, communities, and country. The academic program, through the traditional approach, is developed to provide students with the best possible program of studies. It is the school's responsibility to aid students in right thinking, good conduct, clean living, and in discerning truth from error in the light of the principles of God's Word. We endeavor to give each child the education God expects in keeping with His instruction in Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Our entire school program is designed to help parents fulfill this command of God.
- We believe in personal salvation by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ which He shed on the Cross of Calvary for remission of sins for all who believe.
- We believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was raised bodily from the tomb and now sits at the right hand of the Father in Heaven making intercession for all born again believers.
- We believe that Christ will return bodily to call His church unto Himself.
- We believe in the eternal security of the born-again believer.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Walton Beach Grades: PK-8 | 191 students
26 Yacht Club Drive
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
(850)243-7515 1.9 PK-8
- Fort Walton Beach Grades: K-12 | 7 students
922 Landry St
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
(850)863-9656 1.2 K-12
- Fort Walton Beach Grades: PK-2 | 53 students
28 MIRACLE STRIP PKWY SW STE 2
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
(850)244-1775 2.6 PK-2
Nearby Homes for Sale
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
What are the benefits specific to students in attending private school?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.