Rogers Park Montessori School
Tel: (773) 271-1700
Rogers Park Montessori School was founded by ten Rogers Park parents in September of 1966 in a converted space at St. Ignatius parish and has provided quality education to the children of Chicago ever since. In 1975, the school moved its site to Bethany Lutheran Church at 1244 W.Thorndale.
RPMS gradually expanded to offer a Toddler class, five Children's House classrooms, and after school care for working families. The RPMS elementary program launched in 1991 and in three years, the class grew from its initial enrollment of 7 to 18 students.In 1994, RPMS opened a 9-12 program and a year later, with the continued growth of the elementary program, new space was leased at 1020 West Bryn Mawr in the Edgewater Presbyterian Church.
This building housed our 6-9 and 9-12 classrooms and after-school elementary program.
The combination of growth and separate buildings created the need to look for a single site to house both our programs.
This search spanned over 10 years.In 2004 RPMS purchased and began construction on our current home, a 47,000 sq.
ft. educational facility at 1800 West Balmoral. Thanks to the hard work, support, and continued energy of RPMS parents, a state-of-the-art school that incorporates the Montessori philosophy into its design opened in January 2006.
The facility includes Montessori programming from Toddler to Middle School, two gyms, library, green roof, playgrounds, and green space.As a result of enrollment demand and a desire to expand, the school developed plans for a 14,000 square foot addition to the existing building.
The expansion allowed the school to add a middle school wing with science stations, a central group presentation area, breakout learning spaces, and a rooftop recreation area.
The large gym was retrofitted with commercial grade lighting, sound, and audiovisual equipment for use in staging performances and hosting events.
The expansion also enabled the school to grow its lower and upper elementary program by renovating the existing building to add two new classrooms. The expansion was completed in September 2015.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||433 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,160|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool $12400 Ext Day/Kindergarten $16600 6-9 $16780 9-12 $18040 12-14 $19040|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Einstein|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Lego Building
Arts and Music Programs:
Bollywood Dance, Music Appreciation
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, CircEsteem, Girls on the Run, Soccer, Tae Kwon Do, Vollyball, Yoga
- RPMS places the highest importance on serving the needs of the child. We seek to create an intimate environment in an urban setting that nurtures all who are part of the community - children, parents, and staff.Our classes are a multi-age, three-year grouping, in keeping with the Montessori practice. The mixed age groups provide for peer teaching, role modeling, leadership experiences, and enhance the sense of community within the classroom.RPMS values arts education and provides resources for art, music, drama, and Spanish programming. All our students, from the youngest to oldest, are taught the values fundamental to Montessori education: peace; care of the environment; respecting and celebrating diversity; and engendering a sense of our place in the global community.A highly dedicated and skilled group of teachers and administrators create an educational program of the highest quality. We depend upon committed and involved parents to contribute time, talent, and financial resources. RPMS parents partner with the school to provide children with a nurturing and secure environment that gives them the stability they need to explore the world at large.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Rogers Park Montessori School is Gateway to Learning (1.0 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Northside Catholic Academy (0.7 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Lake Shore Schools (0.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: NS-K | 292 students
5611 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60660
(773) 561-6707 0.4 NS-K
- Chicago Grades: NS-5 | 173 students
5525 N. Magnolia
Chicago, IL 60640
(773) 271-2008 0.7 NS-5
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 263 students
5525 N Magnolia Ave
Chicago, IL 60640
(773) 271-8655 0.7 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: NS-K
6001 N Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 541-8304 0.8 NS-K
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.