Saint Therese Classical Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (845) 610-5288
- The Saint Therese Classical Academy cultivates wisdom and truth in all students in grades 1 - 12. Using a liberal and fine arts curriculum our goal is for children to learn how to think and not what to think.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 course|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy or Black Pants/Skirt and Polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Naomi Thompson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Choir, Drama, Drawing, Music Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Tae Kwon Do
- Fully inspired by the words of St. Therese, "I can nourish myself on nothing but truth", our Academy founded in 2013 continues to thrive in excellence while mainining a welcoming environment. Through a classical curriculum, Socratic discussion, and proper guidance from knowledgeable instructors, our students are given the proper tools to reach their fullest potential while discerning their vocation that God is calling them to. It is a constant nurturing of the body and soul, which must be fed equally in order for every person to achieve wisdom and knowledge of self. From the youngest of students to the oldest we offer age appropriate lessons in the Trivium: grammar (Latin), logic and rhetoric, the Quadrivium: arithmetic, astronomy, geometry, music, as well as the sciences, and the fine and performing arts. More importantly, all of our classes reflect the liturgy and we attend daily Mass together. Students at our academy become more like family, no matter what their faith or background. All students can benefit from a classical education.
- We are proud to say that our academy is also a testing center for a new college entrance exam called the Classic Learning Test, www.CLTexam.com, where students who have received a liberal arts education are offered an alternative to the SAT's and ACT's. Many colleges accept this exam and more are being added each day.
- Come Grow with Us!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: 9-12 | 114 students
99 Slingerland Street
Albany, NY 12202
(518) 463-2247 90.1 9-12
- Brockport Grades: PK-12 | 78 students
60 Holley St
Brockport, NY 14420
(585) 637-4540 227.5 PK-12
- Bronx Grades: NS-12 | 217 students
1497 Needham Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 519-8884 40.4 NS-12
STCA has allowed me to teach with a conscience. I can talk about the influence of faith in every subject. We are not restricted to teaching "for the test". Instead, our classrooms are a wonderland! We go outside for all subjects, holding lectures, exploring the grounds, collecting samples and playing every day. This school has allowed me to teach the way children learn! Asking them questions and helping them find the answers. Students blossom here!
- Posted by Teacher - GM
My child has been to a couple of schools throughout her middle school years and St. Therese Classical Academy is by far THE BEST education she has gotten! There is no comparison to the level of care, love and commitment each of the teachers and the administration has given to my daughter. She wants to learn, she loves to learn and this is testament to St. Therese Classical Academy. We are not religious and we are not required to be in order to enroll at STCA. What is taught is common sense humanity; treat others the way you want to be treated, period! We are so happy to find St. Therese Classical Academy and look forward to witnessing our daughter's continuing academic growth through the school's classical, fun and top of the line education. We highly recommend this school!!
- Posted by Parent - parent of 1st year student at stca
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.