The Storm King School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: 8-12
- Enrollment: 202 students
- Yearly Tuition: $59,900
- Acceptance rate: 42%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
The Storm King School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Academics and Faculty
khaki pants/shorts/skirts options, polo shirt with crest, formal dinner includes blazer and button up
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Art Club, Black and Latino Student Union (BLSU), Blue Key (Tour Guides), Community Service Club, Cougar Boosters, Dance Club, Environmental Club, Greenhouse Club, Harry Potter Club, Intersectional Feminism Club, National Honor Society, Student Government, The Quarry Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Stagecraft Club, The Voice (Monthly Online Publication), Theater Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness Club, Hiking Club, Outdoor Adventure, Ski/Snowboarding Club
- The Storm King School inspires students toward academic strength and confidence. We offer a caring faculty and community that embrace character, balance and trust.
- At The Storm King School, teaching and learning go hand in hand. Our expectation is that you will do a lot of both. This isn't a place to sit back and watch. It's a place to contribute actively, to take some risks, to stretch yourself. How else can you achieve your goals
- We prepare our students to lead productive lives in the global community through cultural exchange, a huge benefit of our program. About 45% of our student population is international, hailing from Angola, Belize, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Italy, Korea, Lebanon, Nigeria, Philippines, Rwanda, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, Vietnam and beyond.
- Our Open House schedule runs throughout the year, or you can make an appointment to visit anytime. We invite you to tour the campus, visit classes, talk to students and teachers. Most importantly, imagine yourself as a part of this community, preparing for college and for life in an environment that values each student.
- Student for a Day visits are highly encouraged. Come join us for classes, lunch, a chat with our admissions team and meet teachers and coaches!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Storm King School cost?
The Storm King School's tuition is approximately $59,900 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Storm King School?
The acceptance rate of The Storm King School is 42%, which is lower than the national average of 79%. The Storm King School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in New York with low acceptance rates.
Does The Storm King School offer a summer program?
Yes, The Storm King School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does The Storm King School offer?
The Storm King School offers 23 interscholastic sports: Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Wrestling. The Storm King School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in New York for most sports offered.
What is The Storm King School's ranking?
The Storm King School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for: Lowest average acceptance rates, Most sports offered, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for The Storm King School?
The application deadline for The Storm King School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Storm King School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards