|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||varied|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||varies with program requested|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rita Epstein|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Computer Lab, Dance-ballet, Drama, Fine Arts Program, hip-hop, jazz, Music - vocal and recorders, Organic Cooking, Organic Gardening, Spanish, tap, Violin, Yoga|
- All children can enjoy the process of learning. At Windsor Academy, our skilled and professional staff identify a child's style of learning so that they are able to optimize all children's abilities and interests. We have high expectations for our children. Their social, emotional and physical health is as important as their academic growth. We identify giftedness as well as special intervention needs and we ensure that these needs are addressed. We work with a large support system to help us facilitate all areas of our program.
- We have a healthy school - environmentally sound and exceptionally clean. Our parents know how to parent. Our staff knows how to teach. Most importantly - our children are very special people who are loved and cared for.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Windsor Grades: PK-K | 96 students
63 Lawrence Ave
New Windsor, NY 12553
(845)565-6112 1.2 PK-K
- Newburgh Grades: PK-8 | 276 students
50 Gidney Ave
Newburgh, NY 12550
(845)569-3499 2.7 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.