Green Meadow Waldorf School
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 243 students
- Yearly Tuition: $20,000
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Community Service Group, Drama Club, LBGT+ Club, League of Environmental Activists, Literary Magazine Committee, Robotics Club, Science Club, Student Council, Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
High School Talent Show Committee
- Green Meadow Waldorf School is one of more than nearly 1000 Waldorf schools worldwide, which hold in common the aims of the original Waldorf school to nurture a clear and responsible sense of self in all students, heightening their awareness of the larger world and their part in it.
- Every Green Meadow Waldorf School student receives an education that incorporates world languages, an appreciation and respect for worldwide cultures both current and historical, and a broad array of fine and performing arts including, music, movement, sculpture, painting, drawing. Our excellent math program builds proficiency in arithmetic, geometry, algebra, trigonometry, and calculus. Science offerings contain a strong empirical component, allowing students to learn scientific principles through first-hand experience and observation.
- The curriculum incorporates many field trips and activities designed to bring the subject matter to life.
- The school is in walking distance of the Pfeiffer Center, an biodynamic gardening training center; Sunbridge Institute, a Waldorf teacher training school; the School of Eurythmy; the Fellowship Community, which cares for the elderly and maintains a farm and biodynamic apple orchard; the Hungry Hollow Co-op, a natural foods cooperative market; and the Threefold swimming pond. This extended community, situated on over 200 adjacent acres, provides opportunities for students to bring the curriculum to life by connecting classroom lessons to real-world experiences.
- Green Meadow Waldorf School is accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS), the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA), and the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN).
Lower School Video
High School Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Green Meadow Waldorf School cost?
Green Meadow Waldorf School's tuition is approximately $20,000 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Green Meadow Waldorf School?
The acceptance rate of Green Meadow Waldorf School is 75%, which is lower than the national average of 79%.
What sports does Green Meadow Waldorf School offer?
Green Meadow Waldorf School offers 10 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Winter Track.
When is the application deadline for Green Meadow Waldorf School?
The application deadline for Green Meadow Waldorf School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Green Meadow Waldorf School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards