St Augustine School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Our mission is to teach Catholic doctrine and to develop strong Christian values that give children a knowledge and love of God and their community.
- We educate the whole child, considering each student's mental, physical and spiritual well-being as well as his or her intellectual development.
- Our end goal is the development of responsible, moral and caring individuals within the faith community and the world at large.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our mission is to teach Catholic doctrine and to develop strong Christian values that give children a knowledge and love of God and their community. We educate the whole child, considering each student's mental, physical and spiritual well-being as well as his or her intellectual development. Our end goal is the development of responsible, moral and caring individuals within the faith community and the world at large.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nanuet Grades: PK-8 | 220 students
34 West Nyack Road
Nanuet, NY 10954
(845)623-2311 3.3 PK-8
- New City Grades: K-8 | 121 students
384 New Hempstead Rd
New City, NY 10956
(845)634-7977 1.7 K-8
Our decision to send our children to SAS was grounded in one primary element: Family. From our initial introduction to the school, faculty, volunteers, & student body, this was the prevalent feeling. That of a true family environment. That welcoming atmosphere continues & grows to this day, and we have seen firsthand an emphasis on the entire child. Not just the entire 'student', but the entire child. SAS is building fine young men & women with a strong sense of core values, powerful work ethic, and an ingrained respect for their peers, adults, and themselves. It's with much pride that we watch out children interact with their peers, and adults, in various situations, and watch them set themselves apart from the masses. This is in no small part to all that they've gained while at SAS.
- Posted by Parent - josep
I chose St. Augustine School for my own daughters and am very proud to teach here. At SAS our children are exposed to the Catholic faith daily and to a value system that will forever be a part of their lives.
- Posted by Teacher - info
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.