Salem Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (804) 784-4174
Salem Christian School Photo #2 - SCS holds an annual Spelling Bee and sends the school winner to the regional Spelling Bee.
The purpose of Salem Christian School is to give our students a comprehensive Christian education.
Salem Christian School is an organization which is religiously exempt from licensure.
Our desire is to work in cooperation and support of the parent by providing care, education, moral and spiritual development, and family ministry for each child enrolled; in order to fulfill God's command to raise our children according to His Word (Proverbs 22:6).
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Advanced Courses||Dual Enrollment Courses with local community college|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Details provided through school)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level. Tuition break given for multi-children families and for payment made in full. Other assistance available.|
|Admissions Director||Wendy Carter|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus, Creative Writing, Drama, Elementary Art, Elementary Music, Speech, Yearbook/Newspaper|
- Salem Christian School offers a wonderful environment for educating your children, some of the most valuable aspects of the school are: Certified Christian Teachers, Abeka Curriculum (K-5th grade), Excellent Facilities, Low Tuition Rates, Loving, Nurturing Environment, High Stanford Test Scores, Low Student to Teacher Ratio, Commitment to Biblical Principles
- The program is designed to be Christian in its approach. Christian values and principles are shared from God's Word through daily learning activities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Henrico Grades: PK-12 | 187 students
8701 Ridge Road
Henrico, VA 23229
(804) 741-2860 13.7 PK-12
- Richmond Grades: PK-12 | 168 students
4000 Creighton Road
Richmond, VA 23223
(804) 644-5550 24.8 PK-12
- Richmond Grades: PK-5 | 85 students
8491 Chamberlayne Rd
Richmond, VA 23227
(804) 262-8256 20.4 PK-5
As a participant and parent within various types of educational systems, Salem Christian School is the best educational environment for my children.
- Posted by Parent - selli
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.