- Our goal at Salem Lutheran School is to minister to the family as a partner in the life training of their child as we educate the whole child-spiritually, socially and emotionally, physically and intellectually.
- Growing character is as important as growing the intellect.
- When our students leave to enter high school we know they are well prepared for not only the rigorous academics but also for the battlefield of peer pressure and the world`s ways. They have faith and knowledge that they were created in God`s image and that their purpose is to serve Him with joy and lives of excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||630 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
To grow up into Christ is the goal of a mature walk in the Christian faith. Through the ministry of Salem Lutheran School, we focus on three critical goals:
- We encourage academic and spiritual growth for each student. We hold high academic standards for students so they will be prepared for their careers and life in society. We seek to develop the God-given intellect and talents of each individual to the fullest potential. Most important, however, is the concern for spiritual growth. Every student is valued as a creation of God. Any person`s foremost need is to know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Therefore, Salem Lutheran School dedicates itself to strong biblical teaching and intentional mentoring in the faith.
- We emphasize and support spiritual growth within the family. Salem affirms that parents are the God-ordained authorities in the home. Parents hold the primary responsibility for providing their children with direction and instruction and to model Godly values and behavior. Salem Lutheran School will promote opportunities to encourage parents in this God-given privilege and responsibility of raising their children according to the full will and purpose of God.
- We strive to affect the growth of the church. The common task of our school and church is to share the good news of Jesus Christ. Our students, faculty, staff, and parents are God`s ambassadors to a world that needs to hear the hope and salvation found in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Salem will also reach out in very tangible ways to show God`s love and compassion in providing ministry to those in need. Our sole desire is to be God`s unique people empowered by the Holy Spirit to be in service to Christ touching today and eternity to God's honor and glory.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TomballGrades: PK-12 | 488 students
19830 Fm 2920
Tomball, TX 77377
TomballGrades: PK-8 | 100 students
Tomball, TX 77375
HoustonGrades: K-12 | 665 students
11123 Cypress N Houston Rd
Houston, TX 77065
SpringGrades: PK-8 | 692 students
18926 Klein Church Rd
Spring, TX 77379
The WoodlandsGrades: PK-12 | 600 students
5800 Academy Way
The Woodlands, TX 77384
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.