Salem Lutheran School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Salem Lutheran School Photo #2 - Salem's emphasis on technology using Apple iPads in grades K-2, Macbook Air laptops in grades 3-8, campus wide high speed wireless Internet, and 21st century classrooms.
Salem Lutheran School Photo #3 - Salem's Core Value of competition has led to numerous local and national titles.
Salem Lutheran School Photo #4 - Salem's commitment to service in community has opened the door to build long term outreach partnerships, instilling in students the life-long commitment to serve in the community in which one is planted.
Salem Lutheran School Photo #5 - Fine Arts are an important part of the school's curriculum. Salem has one of the finest programs in Orange County.
- Salem Lutheran School is situated in the eastern part of Orange County in the City of Orange.
- Nestled in the foothills of the Santiago Hills, Salem Lutheran School is part of a unique community that preserves a rural atmosphere while only being three miles from three major freeways.
- Salem Lutheran School is a faith based school where children can grow in Christian faith and character; spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and in discipleship for the Lord.
- Salem Lutheran School views each child as a special gift from God, endowed distinctive in nature and ability, dearly loved and redeemed by God through Jesus Christ.
- A rich and diverse educational experience at Salem will passionately pursue excellence, cultivating a learning environment that enables each child to fully develop his/her unique God-given gifts and abilities.
- The school believes that through this teaching, in a safe and caring environment, each child will show Christian love through a positive and loving attitude towards others, both in the classroom and in activities away from school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences supported through a full time Student Succes Program Director|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code through private vendor)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes a fully integrated technology program with students in grades 3-8 working in a one-to-one iPad environment, sports and music, instructional aides in lower grades.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Kasey Weinrich|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Vickers|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Engineering-STEM, Origami
Arts and Music Programs:
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the National Lutheran Schools Association (NLSA); 21st century skills developed in a one-to-one iPad program grades 3-8; Co-curricular programs include sports, art, and music; Feeder school to Lutheran High School and Crean Lutheran High School of Orange County; Full time Student Success Program to meet individual learners needs; Opportunity for service projects to the local and greater community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orange Grades: NS-8 | 224 students
19111 Villa Park Road
Orange, CA 92869
(714)288-1432 0.8 NS-8
- Yorba Linda Grades: NS-8 | 742 students
16971 Imperial Hwy
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
(714)524-1350 6.9 NS-8
This school is awesome, from the teachers to the parents, to the wonderful children that attend this school. Their new principal is very responsive and involved. My children attend 1st and 4th grade, and their teachers, once again are super great. What I love most about this school is they listen, and they are kind, and your child gets a good education, all while being in a loving environment. Yes there is the religious aspect, but what they teach the kids is very general and really they focus on being kind people and loving themselves, their friends and of course God. If you are looking for a school check this place out. It is a small school, yet their programs are great. They offer language, art, laptops for the kids, an awesome science program and so much more.. Well worth the money, and worth the investment to give your child a rock solid foundation before you put them in "public" school where teachers don't (because they can't) show affection and kindness. My kids need that and flourish with that approach. Go Salem!!! You Rock!
- Posted by Parent - Deann Pancheri
Dear Sir/Madam, My son born in 2007. I need information to find school for him.
- Posted by Parent - vutua
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.