Orange Lutheran High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Orange Lutheran High School, also known as Lutheran High School of Orange County, was founded in 1973 and exists today as a 9th-12th grade educational environment for the following purpose: To help students internalize the Gospel message of salvation in Christ Jesus.
- At Orange Lutheran High School, we are committed to helping young people develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and come to believe that through God's grace, they are redeemed people who will inherit the gift of eternal life through Christ's death and resurrection.
- To accomplish this, Orange Lutheran High School leads students through a comprehensive study of the Bible, provides daily worship activities, and involves students in Christian service to one another and throughout the community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1330 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Government, AP Latin, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2D Design, AP Studio Art: 3D Design, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1280|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modesty, message and safety are stressed in our dress code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Mike Crawford|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Surf Team, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Adventure Club, Amateur Snorkeling Society, Artists & Athletes Who Care, Christ Crew, Christian Chatter, Club Mon Ami, Club YOLO (You Only Lancer Once), Conservative Students of America (CSA), Contemplating Christianity and Character (C3), Disc Golf Club, Equestrian Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Film Club, Flashmob Club, Flat Stanley for Soldiers, Hope 4 Kids, Improv-I-nation, Junior Statesmen of America (JSA), Key Club, Latin Club, Missions Club, Red Cross Club, Service Academics and Scholarship Opportunities, Skate & Food, Spanish Club, UHLAN|
Club or Organization:
- Our core values are: Biblical Truth; Integrity; Innovation: Excellence; Relationships.
- The OLu Experience is a personalized, balanced approach to education that engages students through inquiry, exploration, and discovery. Our safe, caring environment nurtures authentic relationships so that students may understand their identity is in Christ, develop resiliency and personal accountability, are prepared for college, and are strengthened for a Christian life of purpose, service through vocation, and leadership in a global society. Strengthened by Faith. Prepared for Life.
- Visit us at facebook.com/weareolu or Twitter at @WeAreOLu
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Ana Grades: 9-12 | 2075 students
1202 W Edinger Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707
(714)754-7711 7.5 9-12
- Anaheim Grades: 9-12 | 967 students
1952 West La Palma Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92801
(714)774-7575 7.2 9-12
- Fullerton Grades: 9-12 | 367 students
1340 N Acacia Ave
Fullerton, CA 92831
(714)879-6302 5.7 9-12
Top notch school! Academics are incredible. Many honors and AP courses to choose. Great sports program and an art program you will not believe! They even have a therapy dog on campus! I have a sophomore and soon to be freshman! So impressed by the loving and nurturing environment!
- Posted by Parent - Lola
Positive intelligent teachers that bring the subjects out of boredom.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Daniel
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.